Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is everyone in Houston running their pumps FRZ mode past 3

1. Back To Top    #1

Is everyone in Houston running their pumps FRZ mode past 3

Just curious to know if it's just me...pumps running since yesterday non-stop...
    Inground with 7x7 spa (spillover)
    20k gal plaster (sunstone)
    pentair 3/4 hp (filter), 1 hp (spa), 1/2 hp (features)
    cartridge filter
    SWCG IC-40
    Polaris Platinum (with booster)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is everyone in Houston running their pumps FRZ mode past 3

Quote Originally Posted by serge
    Just curious to know if it's just me...pumps running since yesterday non-stop...
    Lots of concern expressed by folks down thar yonder in Texas, but the temps in Houston will go back up in a day and I don't see what all the fuss is about!
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm just north of Houston, and I am STRESSED. This is our first winter and first freeze with the pool and I have no idea what is supposed to be happening. My PB doesn't answer his phone, so I'm going on the advice of message boards like this one.

Travis
    Approx 18,000 gallons, Jandy CL 580 Cartridge, Gunite, 2 1/2 hp 2 speed Jandy, Aquapure 1400, Polaris 280 w/booster, LXi Jandy Heater, Jandy PDA 6, PebbleTec: Tahoe Blue, Depth: 3 1/2' to 6', Perimeter: Approximately 95', Spa: 10' x 7'

4. Back To Top    #4

I hear you tjt040774. Same boat as you....my guess, as long as we keep water moving through the pipes we'll be ok..rather pay the electric bill than replacing pipes, etc...As the other post says, temps. will go back up in 2 days and is back to normal...
    Inground with 7x7 spa (spillover)
    20k gal plaster (sunstone)
    pentair 3/4 hp (filter), 1 hp (spa), 1/2 hp (features)
    cartridge filter
    SWCG IC-40
    Polaris Platinum (with booster)

5. Back To Top    #5

Not sure what the deal is with mine right now. Runs for a while, shuts down. Runs for a while, shuts down. I think the temp is hovering right around the freeze protect temp. I wish it would just drop to 30 already and stay there until morning and the sun pops out. Arrggg.

P.S. My wife thinks I've completely lost it.

Travis
    Approx 18,000 gallons, Jandy CL 580 Cartridge, Gunite, 2 1/2 hp 2 speed Jandy, Aquapure 1400, Polaris 280 w/booster, LXi Jandy Heater, Jandy PDA 6, PebbleTec: Tahoe Blue, Depth: 3 1/2' to 6', Perimeter: Approximately 95', Spa: 10' x 7'

6. Back To Top    #6

Travis - I have the Intelliflo pump and with the freeze mode activated for the pool, spa and water feature, they all run in 15 min cycles at top speed when the air temp gets to ~35F. This started today about 3p and is continuing.
    17,500 Gallon, SWG 33' x 21' freeform w/ Sunstone Cobalt Plaster. Attached 6 X 6 Spa raised 12" w/ 6 Jets with Moss Rock Spillover. 25' Moss Rock Waterfall. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 for Pool, 2 HP Whisperflo for Waterfall, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge 320, Pentair 400K BTU Max-E-Therm heater, Pentair Intellichor, Pentair EasyTouch 4P, Pentair Legend Platinum Cleaner w/ 3/4 hp pump, autofill system, nat gas fire pit. BBB convert

http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-tx-pool-t17907.html

7. Back To Top    #7

I think I'm OK now. The temp has dropped a little here and is currently at 34 on my PDA; however, I also think the temp is off. I will look at adjusting that tomorrow if I can. I went out there just a little while ago, and the actuator had flipped and was cycling the spa water. I must say the Jandy instruction booklet didn't offer much in the way of what to expect from the freeze protect feature. Oh well, seems to be working so I guess I shouldn't complain.