NC Rural Pool Build "Where to begin?"

Pools are difficult to budget. $26,000 for what you've described doesn't seem out of line from what I've seen in NC. For what it's worth, that's what we paid for ours 22 years ago - concrete basin, fiberglass walls (all renovated to all-concrete last year to the tune of an additional $25,000).

The only thing I am not sure of is the patio per square ft cost. This pool builder operates out of a town 45 minutes - 1 hour away. I assume his subs have a certain cost they have to charge to be worth it for them. However, I think I may ask locally for contractors to do the concrete work.

We are in NC. 2 years ago we paid 31k for our vinyl pool, 12.5k (or was it 13?) for 1500 sq ft of broom finish, colored, concrete patio with a stamped, colored border and stamped, colored, cantilevered coping. 475 linear feet of 5 foot heavy duty, aluminum fencing with 3 gates was 13k. Broom finish concrete is so much safer. The number of little kids with wet feet losing their footing on the coping makes me very happy we went with broom finish. And it requires no sealing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.