New IG build League City, TX

Polyethylene.

Doesn't matter, it's code no doubt, and will outlast you.

Anything else you need in that trench before they backfill it? Water line for autofill? Not sure what you can run with a gas line. Probably not electrical, but water maybe. Your inspector would know...

Take pictures of this and any/all open trenches, with good perspective of surrounding areas. Save them somewhere permanent, for future reference of where things are buried.

Polyethylene.

Doesn't matter, it's code no doubt, and will outlast you.

Anything else you need in that trench before they backfill it? Water line for autofill? Not sure what you can run with a gas line. Probably not electrical, but water maybe. Your inspector would know...

Take pictures of this and any/all open trenches, with good perspective of surrounding areas. Save them somewhere permanent, for future reference of where things are buried.

Got pictures of everything. All plumbing, electrical, and gas. I hope I never need them but at least I’ll have them!

Yellow line is tracer wire, poly gas pipe can not be picked up by metal detector. Locators can also pulse signal that wire so their wand can find it.

I was wondering what the tiny yellow wire was for! Didn’t realize gas pipes were plastic nowadays. I’m sure they’re very durable. That was a lot of trenching for those guys.

Good of luck with your build! Hope it goes smoothly. It’s amazing how fast dig to gunite goes!

Deck drains were installed yesterday. Also, the gutters were tied into the drains. Drain goes to the curb. The gas line and p-trap passed city inspection so they were filled in as well.
37B714F9-AFDB-47A6-8A72-EB9D0986A7DC.jpg
BF2FC2A1-A736-4A3B-BDF1-F0CC5BF22840.jpg
30937172-7907-4656-B599-48E80A98FE08.jpg
E73AF144-8A37-4D48-A21B-59E7F508B4D9.jpg

I hope the deck gets formed and poured next week. I sure am tired of fighting all the mud and dirt that gets tracked into the house.

Finally got the deck formed today!
87F50D07-37A3-4FEA-902B-FB88C418D01A.jpg
96319779-32F1-4FFF-8B20-A4B401945682.jpg
072EE41E-2D0D-4766-A7E4-EA840BD198E7.jpg
3BDD8F04-FBF4-4455-8374-99599481604F.jpg
Unfortunately, They didn’t finish leveling everything. The walkway around the back of the pool still needs to be done. No has ever been here to work on a Sunday and Monday is Christmas Eve. So, I imagine no one will be back till after Christmas. It’s also suppose to rain here the day after Christmas. Oh well, no rush since it’s too cold to swim anyway. The end of the mud pit would have been a welcomed Christmas gift though.

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim! I also found a piece of wood they wrote on with their calculations for the deck area. It came out about 145sf more than what they quoted me. I don’t know how that happened but I’ll take it!

I hope that’s not the case but it may turn out to be that way for me too. After Christmas, there is a lot of rain in the forecast for our area. I don’t see much work being able to get done. I guess we will both be waiting till next year for our pools to be finished. I guess we can just hope the forecast is wrong and that we will get a stretch of sunshiny days.

Yep we are on hold now too. Being in some sort of construction (in TX) my whole life you learn the A team (money makers) go back home during the holidays. If they send anyone out during that time it’s the B team, that didn’t have the $ or papers to make the trip. U want the A team.

Yep we are on hold now too. Being in some sort of construction (in TX) my whole life you learn the A team (money makers) go back home during the holidays. If they send anyone out during that time it’s the B team, that didn’t have the $ or papers to make the trip. U want the A team.

That is good to know! I don’t mind waiting till the holidays are done! Thanks,!

- - - Updated - - -

I was a bit gutted today since it was so nice out, but I’d rather they do a good job than rush it. Will be hoping for good weather for all of us for the next 10 days!

I agree it’s better to wait than rush.

Got rebar for the deck today! I wasn’t expecting any work done after the rains we had Wednesday night but today was a sunny day. It will most likely be the last sunny day of the year so I don’t expect any concrete to be done till January. Well, at least it’s another small step towards completion.
7E6AC5A1-EF68-4ED0-BCC5-379629DDE553.jpg
A6B5158F-4EE9-4F9C-B9AD-5E6B6D554C8A.jpg
7E1805FD-89B4-4786-BD62-22BA2DBEC543.jpg
8D7A6C74-E83C-4353-82F6-DC2787BF19EA.jpg
I don’t know why it’s upside down but I’m not motivated enough to figure it out right now. Sorry I’m feeling lazy.

Everything is looking good!

As long as you don’t have water yet, the upsidedownedness isn’t a concern. [emoji16]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.