Pool return lost its threading, how can I attach replacement eyeball jet?

TonyTone

Sep 24, 2018
Dallas TX
r2zbhk1.jpg

Kinda hard to tell in the photo (bigger here: https://i.imgur.com/r2zbhk1.jpg) but there used to be an eyeball jet that broke off and took the outside threading with it.

31XbyaLa8BL.jpg

Bought a replacement like the one above, but there's no thread left to attach to—inside or out.

Can i get something to insert into the existing pipe to screw onto? Preferably without having to drain...

I'm hoping there's SOMETHING I can do, as it’s really affecting the pressure.

Thank you!

Do you really need the eyeball? My returns do not have any eyeballs and I would suspect you get better flow without it albeit non-directional.

None of my returns have threads, they are all the type that are tapered and are pushed in with a rubber mallet. I bought a few extras to have on hand. If you want to PM me to remind me I would happy to look and see where I bought them from.

I'd like the eyeball, but I don't think I NEED it. The low pressure to the other returns is a bigger concern.

Do you have an option that might work?

Depends what you have. I have 2 returns like you show (without eyeballs). I have another set of 3 "deep heat" returns that are controllable. And I have 2 water falls individually controlled. So 7 actual outlets into the pool (2 + 3 + 1 +1) with 4 lines that go to them. I can direct water 100% to any one of the 4 paths or any percentage in between. Very controllable! What does your return control look like?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
View attachment 86917

Kinda hard to tell in the photo (bigger here: https://i.imgur.com/r2zbhk1.jpg) but there used to be an eyeball jet that broke off and took the outside threading with it.

View attachment 86918

Bought a replacement like the one above, but there's no thread left to attach to—inside or out.

Can i get something to insert into the existing pipe to screw onto? Preferably without having to drain...

I'm hoping there's SOMETHING I can do, as it’s really affecting the pressure.

Thank you!

Get a seat removal tool. Basiclly there are 2 slots in that return. Your put the tool in the slots the screw it off (lefty losely ) then screw in the return
Hayward Eyeball Seat Removal Tool SP1419T | Above Ground Pool Closing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.