Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In-floor pool cleaner and main drain question

1. Back To Top    #1

In-floor pool cleaner and main drain question

Our new to us home came with an empty pool (now full and looking good) with Paramount pcc2000 and mdx2 main drain with debris basket. I presently run the cleaner independent of the main drain. Should they run at the same time for better cleaning? I have found no info from Paramount on the best way to run this system for the best results. Thanks for any input.
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In-floor pool cleaner and main drain question

They should run together. The idea is that the floor heads will end up pushing the debris to the MD(s), so it's better to have the MD(s) active when the 'stuff' arrives
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)