First todays data
FC 9
CC 1.5
TC 2
pH 7.8
T/A 140
CH 410
CYA 35
Temp Mid 50s (No themometer at this time)

Basically after Sept and pool use dropped off (and dealing with new baby) I didn't look at the pool for several weeks.
It turned deep green with a good coating of algae. I have been shocking and running equip and brushing when I can.
Water is now running clear. But I am left with what I will describe as a stain over much of the shaded area of the pool.
The wall that always gets sun seems to be clearing quicker?
Will this deeper algae eventually clear if I continue to maintain a decent chlorine level and keep brushing?

Would getting a metal bristle brush be needed or just more effort with the plastic one?

I'm in Northern Marin approx 15000 gallon gunite/plaster pool. Plaster is in reasonable nick.

Off to clean the filter now....
Thanks in advance.

Probably a combination of high chlorine levels of at least 14 ppm FC (40% of your CYA level) combined with frequent brushing with your plastic bristled brush should do the trick. However, the lower pool water temperature will make the entire process take longer since all chemical reactions slow down considerably. At least you pool is plaster so if you needed to use the metal bristled brush, you could.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.