confused as to what these stains are

ick!

It would probably help if we knew what you typically use to sanitize your spa, and other things you add to your water.

I would suggest posting your latest test results, if you still have them, even tho the spa appears to be empty now.

that would have probably been a good idea to test the water before I emptied it.... :)

as for sanitation, it's pretty much just bromine tabs that I get from my local Lowes. I put a few in the floater and let it go for a week or so. That's about when the tabs have dissolved.

I run the pump about 2 hours a day. The bromine level always reads just above 8ppm. It's rarely used...it was a freebie 4 years ago and I should have never accepted it :)

Toads have taken up residence below the enclosure and every once in a while, one gets in and I'll have to fish it out. That's about the extent of it.

Oh, and one other thing. Most of those stains are around the bubbler vents. I noticed one forming around a crack in the surface on the side wall. I noticed another one forming on top of a bubble underneath the surface of the side wall.

Now I'm becoming curious as to why there are cracks and bubbles forming underneath the tub surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.