Help with removing programmed Light Mode on Pentair Easytouch Control System

Sep 14, 2018
Tulsa
Hello out there, I built a pool a couple of months ago, and when the equipment was set, my lights were programmed on Pentair Easytouch system to come on at night from 8-10 and they come on in one of the "modes" like "party" or "romance"... Now that the novelty of the light cycle has worn off, I would like for my lights to just come on during this time as a single color like "blue" or "magenta". I know how to override it at the time and set it to a set color, whether it is during the programmed time or outside of it. But lo and behold, 8:00 the next night, the "party" mode starts back up. Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

If you have your owners manual get that out. Or download one from Pentair.
On page 18 is the Lights Menu. You need to get into Configure. Then you select the Color or Mode, delays, etc.

If you are interested in learning more about TFPC, I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

Thank you so much for the welcome and quick reply! So I've been over that page, and page 27, in the manual a half dozen times, and it's slightly Greek to me. But I'm trying. When I'm on my remote and go from Menu-Lights-Config-1-[Pool Light]... it shows White as the default, and allows me to change to another color, but white is definitely not my default when scheduled lights come on at 8pm. "Party" Cycle or whatever the cycle it is comes on every night. It's like the lights are taunting me! :eek:
IMG_4669.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry- I didn't mean for my photo to be so HUGE!

You need to be sure you are configuring the Feature circuit for the light show you have scheduled. Find the name of that by going into Schedules. Then go back to were you are above and select that Feature circuit to modify.

So the Function Circuit is name POOL LIGHT.

You should be able to go back to the Menu- Lights - Lights then Configure and set POOL LIGHT to what Mode you want.

Shows it on Page 18 of my User Guide.

I looked at my ET and I changed the Mode under Lights to Hold. The color does not change with that selected.

I looked at my ET and I changed the Mode under Lights to Hold. The color does not change with that selected.

Hmmm, I'll have to look at that myself. I could swear that sometimes my light remembers what color I last selected, and sometimes it comes on to some other color (always the same other color), as if it's stuck on that as the default. I didn't pursue it, I just keep changing the color to what I want. I'll look for that "HOLD" option to see what's up. Thanks, Marty!

Amy - is that what it was for you?

Okay, so I did hit "Hold"-- but I also performed an experiment-- I changed "SS" (in my second photo posted) to "N" on my pool, but left it to "Y" on my spa. Sure enough, when the lights came on in the pool that night, they were solid blue and stayed that way! And my spa went through the usual changing light cycle that I've been fighting. So last night, I made sure the SS was set to No on both and now and I am good to go! Woohoo! Now, I still don't know why it's blue, unless b/c that's my favorite color, and when I would override the system to set it to a solid, that's what I would always set it to, and that is probably what it was on before I hit the "hold" per Marty's instruction. Going back to through the manual, I do see where on page 18, at the bottom, it refers to the "Smart Start" Yes/No, but the whole thing with the lights is very confusing in my opinion. I would think Pentair could come up with an interface that is more user-friendly/intuitive.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good to hear. I thought about the SS setting too.

I think to change the color if you take it off HOLD (that is holding the last color the light was on) it will revert to your CONFIG setting that shows WHITE in 1ST POSITION.

Pentair does have a better interface, it is called ScreenLogic. A wireless system that has a user friendly interface on your computer or mobile device.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.