Worth it to replace spider gasket?

Depends. If its a 20 year old valve and its readily available, I'd replace the valve. If it's newer, then replacing the spider gasket should suffice. On some valves, you have to replace the entire diverter/gasket assembly.

My whole valve needs replacing. It is a Hayward VariFloXLValve-SP0714T. The gasket cannot be purchased and simply glued in. The whole whole key, cover and handle assembly must be purchased to repair the valve and it is more expensive than a whole new valve....

My whole valve needs replacing. It is a Hayward VariFloXLValve-SP0714T. The gasket cannot be purchased and simply glued in. The whole whole key, cover and handle assembly must be purchased to repair the valve and it is more expensive than a whole new valve....

That's one where you have to replace the diverter assembly (Hayward part # SPX0714CA). About $20 - $25 and an hour of your time.

Okay then,

Sorry about "misinformation". I was told I needed the # SPX0714BA which is more expensive - $145.99. Also in Canada we get to pay a lot more for things.

The
# SPX0714CA is $57.99 plus tax and shipping. I also need a new PSI gage and that is $32.99 which brings me up to $90.99. plus tax and shipping. Yes we get to pay more for shipping too.

The whole new valve is $124.99.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.