pool is located Helena al 35808
22600 approx pool volume(36’ x 16’, depth 3-7.5’) rectangle
Ph 7.5
FC 4.5
CC .05
CH 75 ppm
TA 50
CYA 30, did this test twice

I am using the robot vacuum a few times a week and I get little to no leaves in the pool. It gets sunlight all day until around 3:00 pm then it is full shade by 4:00 until night.

Little background on pool, it was built in 2016, we moved in 9/10/18. Previous owners moved out on 9/1/2018. So during that time the pump and SWG were running. My test kit came in today. I plugged in my results to pool math and wanted to get feedback before I started to add any chemicals to the pool.

Welcome to TFP!

Overall your numbers look pretty good. Congrats on that!

Does your pool have a vinyl liner, fiberglass, or a plaster finish? If fiberglass you will want to raise your CH, if plaster you will need to raise your CH as soon as possible.

With an SWG you want to consider raising the CYA level up to help slow the natural burnoff of chlorine to sunlight. This should allow you to lower your SWG output, pump run time, or both. You can find the recommended levels here: [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Other than that I wouldn't mess with the TA as it appears your pH is stable there, but be sure to check it at least weekly and don't let it drop lower than 50. Looks like you are off to a good start both in knowledge and starting chemistry. The kind of numbers most people start with after buying a house can make your skin crawl, but looks like the previous owners either took good care of it or got really lucky.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask and welcome again to TFP, glad to have you here!

If you want to save a little electricity, you could cut the hours back on the pump but increase the % on the SWG. Then monitor for results with testing. 13 hours is generally unnecessary unless you just like to keep the pool surface skimmed.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.