Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 380 Plumbing

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 380 Plumbing

I have come across a pretty good deal on a Polaris 380 and have a few questions:

- Anyone have any opinions on how this unit works? I have a rectangular inground pool (16x32) with an 8' deep end, vinyl liner and sloped sides .

- I am little confused on how this thing is plumbed. It is a pressure side cleaner, but does it come with it's own booster pump or do I need to be concerned with my current pressure?

- How does the booster pump get installed. Is it typically installed in the same manner as your everyday pump? I have a set-up where I have two returns along with one skimmer and I have one additional dedicated suction adjacent to the skimmer that I don't use. This might have been plumbed to accomodate a suction side cleaner at one point, but I don't know. Could I switch the dedicated suction connection to a pressure-dedicated connection without too much work, and then keep my Polaris 380 hooked up to that?

Thanks,

Riles
    16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide

2. Back To Top    #2
    The Polaris 380 is a pressure side cleaner that normally comes with its own boster pump. You need to have a dedicated pipe from the pool to the equipment pad. Probably your existing suction pipe runs all the way to the pad and can be converted fairly easily. The boster pump gets installed at the equipment pad taking water from the return and sending it to the pool through the dedicated pipe.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School