Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Favourite Pool Toys

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    294

    Favourite Pool Toys

    OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    287
    football and a jr. lacross set I got from Target for $6.50
    My pool works thanks to TFP

    Please support the site! pages/supporters/

    It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by uwimage
    football and a jr. lacross set I got from Target for $6.50
    hmmm lacross in the water, interesting.

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    287
    We also use these for throwing the football, much easier to stay on than noodles:
    http://www.1stoppoolstore.com/store/images/sad126.jpg

    looks funny, we call it the adult diaper But it works great!
    My pool works thanks to TFP

    Please support the site! pages/supporters/

    It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    924
    Squishy balls are by far the most favorite with our family.

    Volleyball is the big hit if there are a lot of adults.
    Buggs

    14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by uwimage
    We also use these for throwing the football, much easier to stay on than noodles:
    http://www.1stoppoolstore.com/store/images/sad126.jpg

    looks funny, we call it the adult diaper But it works great!
    It does look like a giant depends!

  7. Back To Top    #7
    My kid and his friends love the wild rocker - the thing is huge so I don't recommend it for pools smaller than 27 feet round because someone's going to get hurt.

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4
    My kid and his friends love the wild rocker - the thing is huge so I don't recommend it for pools smaller than 27 feet round because someone's going to get hurt.
    Hey Matt,

    I'm curious as to how many tubes this is to fill...my mother-in-law got us 'the cube' and there's 11 fill points...gotta love the in-laws...I think she got it knowing it would be a point of torture for me...I'm looking for a big inflatable for the kids that doesn't take an hour to fill (seriously, I timed it last time, with a coleman pump)

    *shrug*...gotta love my mother-in-law...
    My pool works thanks to TFP

    Please support the site! pages/supporters/

    It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

  9. Back To Top    #9
    TFP Guide

    In the Industry

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    819
    Hey everyone, just picked up a really neat floating golf green, comes with a mat to hit balls off, and the balls and green are made of velcro....very fun.

  10. Back To Top    #10
    tagprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tomball, Texas
    Posts
    489

    Re: Favourite Pool Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...
    hey you crazy canuck - why do you keep spelling favorite wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

  11. Back To Top    #11
    tagprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tomball, Texas
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by pooladdict
    Hey everyone, just picked up a really neat floating golf green, comes with a mat to hit balls off, and the balls and green are made of velcro....very fun.
    I've seen that before - it looked pretty cool.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

  12. Back To Top    #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    294

    Re: Favourite Pool Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...
    hey you crazy canuck - why do you keep spelling favorite wrong?

    It is customary here in Canada to add a "u" after the letter "o" in some words.

    Flavor becomes Flavour, Color becomes Colour, Favorite becomes Favourite.

    I think its an british thing.


  13. Back To Top    #13
    NWMNMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Waaay NW MN
    Posts
    1,582
    Oh OH... mine is the floating bar/cooler thingy with cup holders that we can put ice in the middle, and a container full of blended Pina Colada.... What? ....thats not a toy??? Who says? Its way fun, everyone over 21 enjoys it everytime..... Ok, never mind...
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

  14. Back To Top    #14
    Ours is the Toypedo. It's a heavy stick shaped like a torpedo and is very hard to throw accurately and far, but when you throw it right it glides fast. Two people stand on opposite sides of the pool and throw it to the other side and if it hits the wall you get a point, kind of like soccer and the other person defends the wall. If the thrower makes a bad throw it's a race to retrieve it. If the original thrower grabs it, they go back to their wall and start again, if the defender gets it first they throw the Toypedo from that spot. So far, that's the best we got.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

  15. Back To Top    #15
    Ohm_Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,344
    Ours is the cat.


    Just kidding - we get a lot of mileage out of pool noodles, though.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

  16. Back To Top    #16
    tagprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tomball, Texas
    Posts
    489

    Re: Favourite Pool Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...
    hey you crazy canuck - why do you keep spelling favorite wrong?

    It is customary here in Canada to add a "u" after the letter "o" in some words.

    Flavor becomes Flavour, Color becomes Colour, Favorite becomes Favourite.

    I think its an british thing.


    Oh, I was just joking - I know why you spelled it that way. I was just trying to get a rise out of the Canadians.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

  17. Back To Top    #17
    tagprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tomball, Texas
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    Oh OH... mine is the floating bar/cooler thingy with cup holders that we can put ice in the middle, and a container full of blended Pina Colada.... What? ....thats not a toy??? Who says? Its way fun, everyone over 21 enjoys it everytime..... Ok, never mind...
    do you have a picture of this item? Does it work as well with margaritas? what color of pebble sheen should I get?
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

  18. Back To Top    #18
    tagprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tomball, Texas
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by JCJR
    Ours is the Toypedo. It's a heavy stick shaped like a torpedo and is very hard to throw accurately and far, but when you throw it right it glides fast. Two people stand on opposite sides of the pool and throw it to the other side and if it hits the wall you get a point, kind of like soccer and the other person defends the wall. If the thrower makes a bad throw it's a race to retrieve it. If the original thrower grabs it, they go back to their wall and start again, if the defender gets it first they throw the Toypedo from that spot. So far, that's the best we got.
    throwing the toypedo is an artform - like a football thrown with a perfect spiral - it takes practice.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

  19. Back To Top    #19
    98xc600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southern MN
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    Oh OH... mine is the floating bar/cooler thingy with cup holders that we can put ice in the middle, and a container full of blended Pina Colada.... What? ....thats not a toy??? Who says? Its way fun, everyone over 21 enjoys it everytime..... Ok, never mind...
    I like the way us Minnesotans think!!!
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

  20. Back To Top    #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    294

    Re: Favourite Pool Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...
    hey you crazy canuck - why do you keep spelling favorite wrong?

    It is customary here in Canada to add a "u" after the letter "o" in some words.

    Flavor becomes Flavour, Color becomes Colour, Favorite becomes Favourite.

    I think its an british thing.


    Oh, I was just joking - I know why you spelled it that way. I was just trying to get a rise out of the Canadians.
    Don't get us going, pretty soon you'll be eating backbacon, drinking Molson Export and ending all your sentences in "eH!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •