vinyl liner replacement

Aug 10, 2007
long island, ny
hi all,
i'm in the middle of vinyl liner replacement. the plastic extrussion bottom lip cracked off on some spots. what is the best way to further secure the liner in place, in those spots. would silicon caulking help prevent liner movement? also mechanic told me there is a slow water leak at the skimmer piping,based on pressure test. however, the water level (old liner) dropped at the top of the light fixture, but he said the light niche is not leaking. could this be possible?
thanks in advance,
victor

binrocha said:
hi all,
i'm in the middle of vinyl liner replacement. the plastic extrussion bottom lip cracked off on some spots. what is the best way to further secure the liner in place, in those spots. would silicon caulking help prevent liner movement? also mechanic told me there is a slow water leak at the skimmer piping,based on pressure test. however, the water level (old liner) dropped at the top of the light fixture, but he said the light niche is not leaking. could this be possible?
thanks in advance,
victor
Sorry, don't know how to advise you regarding repair of your liner; just posting so those who do will see this and can respond...

We need a photo of the liner track where it's broken.

WRT to the water level, it's possible there was more than one leak. Light niches can leak in several common areas. They can leak at the niche gasket, the conduit to the deck box, the niche itself,or a hole in the liner.

A close physical inspection of the niche is called for. If there has been any ground shift or heavy equipment or steel conduit to the deck box, a test pull of the fixture's cord may be in order. If the conduit is metal, it may have sprung a leak. If the cord moves relatively easily, try "sealing" the cord's entry point in the niche with butyl tape.

Scott
PoolGuyNJ

liner lock both sides of the problem area and silicone can be used to fill in any gaps. Upon replacing the liner I would recommend installing aluminum liner track and it will never become brittle like plastic and break again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.