Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crazy Air Blower???

1. Back To Top    #1

Crazy Air Blower???

Just setup a used tub. Connected a small clear hose from the air button to the blower. Blower is plugged into a Hydro-Quip spa pak.

When you push the air button to turn on the blower, it MIGHT turn on for approx. 60 seconds then shuts off. Pressing the air button over and over after that provides no results.

Its like it has a mind of its own. Sometime later, you might be able to turn it back on but again for only for a minute or less.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
    Beachcomber Model 520 (700 L) hot tub. Have tried chlorine, bromine, lithium but still itchy and trying to sort it out.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Crazy Air Blower???

thermal overload of the blower? Something is causing the blower to overheat and it has built in thermal protection so won't restart until it cools down.
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Crazy Air Blower???

I'm having a similar problem with my air blower, it worked fine all last summer, it worked a couple f weeks ago and now it won't turn on. I'm always careful not to run it over 20 min's or so. The book shows an air button, i don't see one. I've pushed the button many times and get nothing.

Any suggestions anyone, sure is nice to have a pool !!!!!

Thanks,