Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Just making sure, Is two bottles of Ultra for 2.98 a deal?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    40

    Just making sure, Is two bottles of Ultra for 2.98 a deal?

    My local grocery store has bleach on sale. They have two bottles of Ultra "Best Yet" brand on sale for 2.98. I think I should go buy a bunch of them up so I can have bleach for the remainder of the summer, What do you think?
    13,500 gallon 24' AG. Sand filter, Lomart 1 hp pump.

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad JohnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW Indiana
    Posts
    8,810

    Re: Just making sure, Is two bottles of Ultra for 2.98 a de

    Quote Originally Posted by shadylady23
    My local grocery store has bleach on sale. They have two bottles of Ultra "Best Yet" brand on sale for 2.98. I think I should go buy a bunch of them up so I can have bleach for the remainder of the summer, What do you think?
    Walmart sells the 96oz jugs of ultra for $1.28.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    40
    WOW! Even better. Definately gonna pick some up next time I go. Maybe I'll just get a bottle or two from the grocery store as today is gonna be really sunny and I bet I'm not gonna have much chlorine when I get home from work.

    Thanks
    13,500 gallon 24' AG. Sand filter, Lomart 1 hp pump.

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Morris, IL
    Posts
    477
    I just got 18 gallons of full gallons from the local BigR store for 18 bucks, a dollar each.
    steve

    Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    487

    Re: Just making sure, Is two bottles of Ultra for 2.98 a de

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Quote Originally Posted by shadylady23
    My local grocery store has bleach on sale. They have two bottles of Ultra "Best Yet" brand on sale for 2.98. I think I should go buy a bunch of them up so I can have bleach for the remainder of the summer, What do you think?
    Walmart sells the 96oz jugs of ultra for $1.28.
    Where? I was just there and got 70-some odd ounces for 2.24. They did not have a 96oz bottle.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    64
    Walmart has 174oz bottles of ultra bleach under the "Great Value" brandname. Forgot the exact price, but the larger the bottle, the better the value usually. Especially on generic brand names.
    22,000 gal in-ground, 3-8ft
    Cartridge filter
    Pebble Tec resurfaced
    Polaris 360

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Mod Squad JohnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW Indiana
    Posts
    8,810

    Re: Just making sure, Is two bottles of Ultra for 2.98 a de

    Quote Originally Posted by crokett
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Quote Originally Posted by shadylady23
    My local grocery store has bleach on sale. They have two bottles of Ultra "Best Yet" brand on sale for 2.98. I think I should go buy a bunch of them up so I can have bleach for the remainder of the summer, What do you think?
    Walmart sells the 96oz jugs of ultra for $1.28.
    Where? I was just there and got 70-some odd ounces for 2.24. They did not have a 96oz bottle.
    Every one I've ever been in. Great Value brand. The bigger jugs are an even better buy.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    487

    Re: Just making sure, Is two bottles of Ultra for 2.98 a de

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Quote Originally Posted by crokett
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Quote Originally Posted by shadylady23
    My local grocery store has bleach on sale. They have two bottles of Ultra "Best Yet" brand on sale for 2.98. I think I should go buy a bunch of them up so I can have bleach for the remainder of the summer, What do you think?
    Walmart sells the 96oz jugs of ultra for $1.28.
    Where? I was just there and got 70-some odd ounces for 2.24. They did not have a 96oz bottle.
    Every one I've ever been in. Great Value brand. The bigger jugs are an even better buy.
    Nemmermind. I ran the conversion. I bought 174oz not 74.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

  9. Back To Top    #9
    embellisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Heber Springs, Arkansas
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by rimshaker
    Walmart has 174oz bottles of ultra bleach under the "Great Value" brandname. Forgot the exact price, but the larger the bottle, the better the value usually. Especially on generic brand names.
    Yep. That's what I buy. They are $2.24 at my local Walmart.
    Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want.

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    64
    If you get Leslies flyers in the mail, they usually have their "buy 2 jugs get 1 free" special. Only $3.99 for each 2.5gal jug (10-12% strength). This assumes you got your own Cl jugs. Best bang-for-your-buck I can think of.

    Stored mine in the patio shade for almost 2 months. Used them to shock the other day. By my testing calculations, they were still almost full strength.
    22,000 gal in-ground, 3-8ft
    Cartridge filter
    Pebble Tec resurfaced
    Polaris 360

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    40
    On my way to Wally World! Do you think they have CYA?
    13,500 gallon 24' AG. Sand filter, Lomart 1 hp pump.

  12. Back To Top    #12
    gonefishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Joliet, Il.
    Posts
    411
    This post reminded me that I need to stop by the StrackVanTill grocery store. They've got 5.25% bleach in full 1 gallon containers for $0.79.


    I just got back with 25 gallons for under $20.00.

    I also buy 12% chlorine in 5 gallon a carboy for $9.00. But it's just a bit of a drive. Not bad...but inconvenient.

    take care all,
    dan
    33' Aqua-Leader AGP
    Hayward cartridge filter and IntelliFlo VS pump.
    Solar Heat coming ; used to own Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Aqua-Rite t-15 SWG

  13. Back To Top    #13
    Kinguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by rimshaker
    Walmart has 174oz bottles of ultra bleach under the "Great Value" brandname. Forgot the exact price, but the larger the bottle, the better the value usually. Especially on generic brand names.
    Not up here. They sell a 3.6L (122 oz) bottle for $1.17 and a 5L bottle for $1.87 (170 oz) so if you do the math the 3.6L bottles work out cheaper. Plus 1 bottle adds almost exactly 2ppm chlorine to my pool. No ultra available.

  14. Back To Top    #14
    MikeInTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    1,335
    Quote Originally Posted by shadylady23
    On my way to Wally World! Do you think they have CYA?
    Probably not. Lowe's and Home Depot both carry it, if they still have it in stock. It'll probably be called some sort of "Stabilizer". Just read the ingredients - if it says cyanuric acid, you're good to go.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

  15. Back To Top    #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    40
    Just thought you might like to know, I did find CYA at Walmart. It was that "HTH" Brand called stabalizer, but it was the right stuff. Can't remember the price, I think it was like 7-8 bucks for 4 pounds.
    13,500 gallon 24' AG. Sand filter, Lomart 1 hp pump.

  16. Back To Top    #16
    MikeInTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    1,335
    Good deal! That's cheaper than Lowe's. You did good!
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

  17. Back To Top    #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    88
    You better read that bottle of HTH brand stablizer... i seen that had it but if you read its Stablizer Ph + or Minus.... not actually CYA
    Andy
    15' X 4' Round AG
    BBB method and loving it!

  18. Back To Top    #18
    Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    9,969
    Going out to buy some bleach today... I found some at BigLots for a buck 30 a gallon and I'm getting rid of the kids too so it all works out! I'm gonna check out the Dollar Store behind grandma's house first before I go to BigLots just to make sure I'm getting the best BANG for my BUCK!

    I love Bleach!!!
    MY POOL LOOKS AWESOME!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

    24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

  19. Back To Top    #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    924
    Don't forget to check your local pool store prices.

    My neighborhood pool store sells fresh 12+% for sometimes as little as $2 - $3 a gallon. Fewer bottles, not cheaper than smokin deals on Chlorox, but less storage room needed.
    Buggs

    14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

  20. Back To Top    #20
    Mod Squad JohnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW Indiana
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MaMa G.
    Going out to buy some bleach today... I found some at BigLots for a buck 30 a gallon and I'm getting rid of the kids too so it all works out! I'm gonna check out the Dollar Store behind grandma's house first before I go to BigLots just to make sure I'm getting the best BANG for my BUCK!

    I love Bleach!!!
    MY POOL LOOKS AWESOME!
    Your $1.30 Big Lots bleach probably isn't a bargain. If it comes in gallons, it probably isn't 6%, and could be as low as 3%. If it doesn't say what it is, it's probably the cheap stuff. Look for the % Sodium Hypochlorite on the jug.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •