Jandy Gold Standard ball valve handles

Nov 20, 2009
My pool was installed last summer. I've got eight 2" union Jandy Gold Standard ball valves on various pipes around the pump and heater. Within a year, the handles on the valves have all become weathered and cracked in the Florida sunshine. Two handles have broken completely on the more difficult to turn valves.

I'm trying to locate replacement handles for the valves. Seems replacements would be common but I'm starting to think none are available. I did find a tool that can be used to open and close the valves but I'd like to replace the original handles.

Anyone got a part number or other suggestion?

Also, are these valves serviceable? In other word, can I dissemble them and lubricate? If so, what suggested product should I use to lubricate the valves?

Thanks, Johnny

HI Johnny - I just wanted to welcome you :wave: and 'warn' you to be patient...as this is our slow season. It may take some time to get the response you seek. Wish I could help... I do know when I lubricated our valves we used a marine grade silicone grease. If you can find something like that.

JohnnyCW said:
I've got eight 2" union Jandy Gold Standard ball valves on various pipes around the pump and heater. Within a year, the handles on the valves have all become weathered and cracked in the Florida sunshine. Two handles have broken completely on the more difficult to turn valves.

I'm trying to locate replacement handles for the valves. Seems replacements would be common but I'm starting to think none are available. I did find a tool that can be used to open and close the valves but I'd like to replace the original handles.

Anyone got a part number or other suggestion?

Also, are these valves serviceable? In other word, can I dissemble them and lubricate? If so, what suggested product should I use to lubricate the valves?
Jandy doesn't seem to have a parts list or exploded diagram for this valve (#6957) but there's no shortage if you're willing to buy the entire valve. The replacement handles and valve repair kits I've run across (usually for NeverLube multi-port valves) would cost more than a new Gold Standard ball valve, which I found priced from about $17 to $35 each. Check out these links:

http://www.h2opoolproducts.com/product_ ... ts_id=1007
http://www.poolplaza.com/P-JDY-6957-2193.html
http://www.poolhub.com/ValvesPlumbing/J ... Valves.htm
http://ipoolproducts.com/ValvesAndActuatorsInfo.html

Jandy's web site says that the ball valves can be "disassembled for service."

(google "Jandy Gold Standard ball valves 2" union 6957")

If you have to replace them install the never lube style valves. They will last a very long time and you can buy parts for them. After a lot of research I had my PB install all Pentair Never Lube valves. Ask your PB if he can replace all your valves to the Never Lube Style valves. Believe me You will be glad especially if you have to move them frequently. I have to fine tune all my valves as I have many various water features. You can buy them off ebay and have a plumber install them which would be a cheaper option. Hope this helps :-D

I've found the handles on some sites listed for less than $5. One site has them listed for $3. I'll have to call and check if they actually have the stock though since its a discontinued part. At $3, I'd buy plenty of spares if they actually have the part in stock.

Nobody seems to have the discontinued handles in stock.

I've already created a few CAD files with some different handle designs I'm considering. The design I'm leaning toward is a double sided handle instead of the single side stock configuration.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think I found Never Lube valves for $35 and just a couple dollars each for shipping. Based on that cost, I may just start by replacing the valves most frequently used which are the two that now have broken handles. Only one other Gold Standard valve on that manifold so I'm only looking at the cost of three valves and rebuild a simple manifold to fix my current issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.