need a new vinyl liner

Jun 22, 2009
my liner took quite a beating this year. it's already pretty old.. and the sum of all the drunken fiestas in the backyard have left it pretty much out of commission. any suggestions for good sites, price-wise and selection-wise? any good contractors to install? I've read up on how to do it myself.. and frankly I don't think I want to risk it.

Depending on where you are you have all winter to long to look unless your still useing your pool. We bought our last one online by just looking at sites and book marking ones we liked. Then we went back and looked at the ones we liked to see if they were available in the style and size we needed (beaded style) and went from there to choose the one we wanted. We too could have installed ours by DIY but like you I was affraid to fearing the worst so we hired someone to do it who would warranty the installation. The people we chose were installers who our local Recreational Warehouse used and to my surprise, they were quite nice. They did damage the connections of the filter during the change out but it was fixed to our satisfaction with no extra charge to us.

The only thing we had to do was remove the old liner from the pool. They looked after the rest.

Take your time and shop around !

Good Luck !

Hi :wave:

I think Tiz (Hi Tiz, how's the ticker :-D ) has given you VERY good advice!

However, if you could post a few pics of the pool, we all here may be able to give you the advice and confidence you'd need to drop the liner yourself :cool:

p.s. RE "drunken fiestas" - nothing wrong with them, but keep glass out of the pool area and make sure the pool pole has the brush or skimming net on it at all times :cheers:

I replaced the liner in my father-in-law's pool a couple of years ago. I had never done anything like that before then. After getting quotes in the $3000-$4000 range I started researching DIY. If you know how to use a tape measure and a level you should be able to handle it. I had the luxury of the pool being empty when I measured for the liner. Cleaning up after the old liner was removed was the most time consuming and tedious part of the job (getting all those little pebbles off the floor). Once it was time to drop the liner I had a couple of guys from work over for "Free Beers". We had the liner drop, vacuumed and water going in in about 30-45 minutes. After it was all said and done it cost me about $850 and a six pack.

Now I'm about to embark on installing my own pool. I will be ordering the kit tomorrow. Santa will be bringing shovels to the kids this year :mrgreen:

The ticker is doing fine waste, thanks for asking. :-D

When we had our pool liner replaced, with the price of the liner and the install we paid around $800. Thats why I say take the time to look and shop around before you purchase both the liner and hire the guys to do the install if thats the way your going to go ......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.