New Pool in San Diego

Nov 13, 2009
Carlsbad, CA
Hello,

I'm so glad I found this forum. It has only been a few days since I joined and I have already found it more than helpful. This is our first pool and I feel lost but learning as we go.

We are currently in the "waiting for plumbing" phase.

I'll attach pictures of our progress.

BEFORE DIG
DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DIG
Logandigging.jpg

LAYOUT
hole_1.jpg

STEEL
hole_1.jpg

1lengthpool.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

BAJA SHELF
DSC_0559.jpg

1bajastep.jpg

SPA
1spa.jpg

GROTTO BENCH
1grottoseat.jpg

Hi, Jenny,

Great pics.....that's gonna' be a beautiful pool. Keep us posted.

PS - Please check the operator's license of that trackhoe driver. He/she is certainly cute but I'm suspicious of his/her qualifications. :shock: :shock:

That will be a real beauty when it's finished Jennybug. I really like where you placed the deep end in the pool, a little unusual is'n it?
A reflection that my untrained eye caught was the rebar job, it looks like a real tidy one :goodjob:
Looking forward to follow this build from start to finish :wave:

//Mats

Hi Lershac,
I have no idea about the rebar. This is our first pool and I am learning about the process as we go. I'll ask our contractor if this is rebar.

Henry Porter.. Thanks :p We decided to put the deep end in the center.. sort of. I think it is going to turn out great.
I have been following your pool build and it's incredible what you have done.

That's real rebar, and that's how we do it in California :cool: In fact, oftentimes the inspector will require us to wire brush rusted rebar before he will give the okay to gunite (shotcrete) the pool. Rusty rebar is not allowed here!

Great looking job so far! Looks like the steel guys did a great job. On to plumbing and gunite, and the big transformation begins. Very cool!

Bruce

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You may never know until it's all done! That doesn't mean it's bad, and the work that I see so far looks real good. I just have a problem with some of the artificial guys that make "marshmallows" instead of rocks :roll: If you have a picture or two of rocks or a waterfall that you guys like you should be able to show it to the rock crew and see if they can get close to that style. The gal I use can match a fake rock right next to a real rock and you can't tell which is which! I'll attach a pic of my pool that has some of her work, and I think she does some really nice stuff (although you may like a different style than I do!).

With the work that is already done for your grotto, your crew is already working, since they do it all start to finish. I'm leaving for Arizona in the morning and probably won't be back on the page until Sunday, but let me know if you find out who's doing the work and I'll see if I can give you some input so you guys get exactly what you want!

Bruce

Attachments

• Waterfall 035 - Copy.JPG
    Waterfall 035 - Copy.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 213
DBfan187 said:
Ever find out what they're going to do about their overdig under your bench?

I'm gonna guess they're gonna shoot it full and move on. Good chance the PB had overbreak in the formula and he'll "absorb" the extra cost. It really wouldn't be right to go back and charge the H/O for that.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce! I'll print this and ask right away.

DBfan187 I asked our contractor and he said they will fill it with gunite and are not charging us extra for it.

They did surprise us and are putting misters in the grotto as a house warming gift to us :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.