New Pool in San Diego

It looks amazing!

Give your wife a huge thumbs up from me :goodjob: She did a fabulous job with the design. Everything flows so well and I'm taking notes from your design.

That is also my job with this entire landscape job and my husband has been great about letting me handle it all. It's not easy!

Thanks for sharing. What part of SD do you live in?

Jim, that is exactly what we did before switching to SWG. We had to brush the walls for 30 days straight. I remember the more I brushed the more pebbles showed. Your pool looks fantastic :cheers:

Jenny,

We're in Laguna Niguel - about half way between SD and LA. Our landscaping was finished just before the storms last week - just in time.

As the first week of Pebble Sheen curing completed, I started to notice a large blotchy area in the deep end of the pool which was much lighter than the rest of the finish and also noticed some excess cement showing in the corners of steps, etc. I called the PB and notified Pebble Tec. We met with the plaster Co. and the PB yesterday and they are going to let the finish cure out a couple more weeks and then drain the pool and re-acid wash the entire surface to correct the problem. I have to say that Pebble Tec, the PB, and the plaster company were all over this to get a plan in place for resolution.

We started up the Badu Swim-Jet yesterday and it literally makes the pool look like a flowing river. Can't wait to use it!

Will post pics soon.

Jim

Hi Henry,

I'll run outside and take some pictures in a few hours and post them.

We had a week of rain so no work was done. Right now they are working on finishing the hard scape around the pool and we should be ready for plaster next week or the week after. I'm pretty bummed we can't upgrade to the pebblesheen. The quote for the upgrade out of our pocket is 7,000 for the knockoff (more for Pebbletec's brand) and we just can't spend anymore. It's ok, I feel grateful that we even can afford a pool right now, even if we will be broke for several years!

I have a soft scape designer at the house right now working on measuring and putting together a plan for the front yard. We know nothing about plants so we need all the help we can get!

Here are some updated pictures.

DSC_4600.jpg

DSC_4603.jpg

DSC_4610.jpg

DSC_4620.jpg

DSC_4590.jpg

DSC_4619.jpg

DSC_4614.jpg

Now that is going to be an amazing oasis!

It is beautiful! I can't wait to see it completed, as I'm sure you can't either! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.