New Pool in San Diego

The gunite is finished today. Thanks to this board we have switched to LED lights and Monday they are going to work on the rocks. I printed out Bruce's picture and gave it to them to show them how we would like our rock work. They will be working on our front and back landscaping while we water the gunite over the next few weeks.

spa-1.jpg

longview.jpg

grotto1.jpg

grotto-1.jpg

entryspagrotto.jpg

entryspa.jpg

You knew I'd have a question!!! What is the pipe sticking out of the step in the spa?! I'm kinda wondering what the other line is coming out "crooked" at the spa dam wall also, but the one half in/half out of the step really boggles me!

The rock work is looking good so far! I like the rock in the Baja Step also (looks like you might be putting an umbrella in there as well?) Nice to finally get to this stage isn't it?

If we get the rain that they keep saying we are gonna get you won't have to worry about keeping the gunite wet!

Looking good :cheers:

Hi Bruce,

I will ask what it is on Monday. The PB said something about it keeping the spa clean? It is really exciting to watch the process and see it all come together.

It's a GOOD thing they shot the gunite this week after looking at next weeks forecast! Rain all week.. that will be nice.

If it is on the spa bypass (bringing water to the spa while in pool circ mode) then it might (will depend on how much water is diverted to the spa) keep that part of the bench clean. If it is on the warm water return when you are in spa mode, then it will blow hot water on the person sitting by the closest jets. Lastly, there is no way to get a fitting (adjustable eyeball) on it at that angle (same for the one by the dam wall) and it will be somewhat difficult to make look good in the end.

Honest answer is that it will do little to keep anything but the immediate area clean. Since the spa is raised, you might consider removing the step (the steps are always difficult to see when the bubbles are on anyway). On a raised spa you can sit on the edge and then swing your legs over to get in. The pipe could then be re-situated and finish out clean.

Not trying to cause trouble (honest!). It just kind of looks like they missed the placement (and are now trying to make up a good story for its use) and it is easier to fix now than later. The gunite is still green (and since it is gunite it will be semi easy to chip/remove) so it shouldn't be too difficult to "fix"!

:sun:

I thought I would post new pics. The coping is almost complete. They still need to install the 3 rivers flagstone on the sun shelf and I would like them to fix a few areas. We have not picked out tile! I am going to a showroom tomorrow. We are thinking a dark natural stone looking tile.. that wont take away from the flagstone but blend in.

Here are a few pics I took this morning.

DSC_3965.jpg

DSC_3966.jpg

3rivers.jpg

DSC_3930.jpg

lid4.jpg

The stone is not this red, the picture was very saturated when I took it.
DSC_3971.jpg

grotto-2.jpg

grotto1-1.jpg

DSC_3990.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jcourt said:
Beautiful pool. Out of curiosity, do you have a SWG with that flagstone coping?

Jim

I'm pretty sure you mean Salt Water. The waterline is tile but the entire sun shelf is flagstone.. I spent a very long time picking out a tile that will go well with this flagstone. After looking at tons of 3 rivers coping pools we went with the most popular choice.

We picked Colbalt from this tile company

http://www.nptgonline.com/nptg_national ... az606.html

The tile is complete. Monday they will acid wash the flagstone and seal it. Then we will be ready for inspection and plaster. Well.. plaster after the pavers are finished.

Jenny,

Congrats on great looking flagstone and a great looking project- keep that flagstone sealed well.

Our pebble sheen (Ocean Blue) was done on Saturday and we filled the pool this weekend. Startup today! Will post pics.

All the best,

Jim

Jim

It looks AMAZING! I love everything. I'm so jealous of your pebble finish.. we are going to have to stick with plaster due to the cost of our entire landscaping.

The pavers are so nice. We are having ours installed right now and they are similar to yours.

Post pictures of the pool filled!

Ahhhh yes pavers are so nice to have :-D We also have pavers and DW is very happy :whoot: Got to keep the women on our side :party: Both your pools look great :goodjob: Keep the pics coming and remember to relax, it was very stressful when we were building out pool and we always had a cold one to ease tensions :cheers:

Thanks all for the positive feedback and encouragement. I've been fortunate that my wife has designed and managed the project from end to end. PB is running chlorine for the first 30 days and then switching to salt. Then it's swimming time.

More pics attached - Jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.