Going on a 2 week vacation-What to do?

polyvue said:
David,

Though you could leave your booster pump running without the cleaner, this shouldn't be necessary. The outlet will still act as a return of sorts once you unplug the cleaner... you can test this by turning on the main pump, leave the booster off, disconnect cleaner and place your fingers near the disconnect, where you'll feel some water flow.

Sorry, I can't answer your question about installing a timer. If you're planning on doing
this prior to vacation, try searching for topics on how to do this via the in-line TFP Google (any page, bottom left). I'm sure somebody here has done this and laid out a guide. Or perhaps a member reading this will be able to respond knowledgeably.

Greg

So I guess I would not have to worry about water freeze in the lines as I would have to for the main pump?

laurandavid09 said:
So I guess I would not have to worry about water freeze in the lines as I would have to for the main pump?
I recall that you're north of Houston and not expecting any kind of a hard, extended freeze, correct? If your booster pump is plumbed like mine, the intake (supply to the booster) is from the main return line and the outtake is a dedicated return line to the pool's supply-side cleaner connection. If you can feel even a modest flow at the pool-side cleaner connection with the booster pump turned off, that means the main pump is pushing water through this line and even a diminished flow should be enough to prevent freezing. So, I don't think you have to worry. I have never had freeze problems and your weather seems to be on average slightly warmer than here during the winter solstice.

Sacramento's December high/low average is 52/37
Houston's December high/low average is 60/40

http://www.wunderground.com/history/air ... l#calendar

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.