Noticed a change in my skimmers

Jun 24, 2008
East of Dallas
I have 2 skimmers in my pool. 1 is approx 15-20 ft from the pumps, the other is approx 40 ft or so away. Normally the skimmer closest to the pumps is pulling more water as I can see a more pronounced current of water moving through it. The one furthur away is not as pronounce with the way the water is moving through it.

Recently however, this has completely reversed. The skimmer farthest away has more of a current than the one closest and it seems the one closer the water barely moves at all.

Sorry if this does not make sense.

Any ideas what I should look for? Ideally I would like both of them to be the same.

waste said:
The weir (door) on the closer skimmer may be stuck closed or there could be an obstruction in the line.

If each skimmer line has it's own valve, you could close down the closer skimmer to equalize the draw between the 2.
Door is open. Is it safe to run a plumbing snake through the piping. Assume it would be. Only have the one valve for the 2 skimmers.
Thanks.

Your skimmers are plumbed 'in series' ( :rant: ) On Hayward skimmers, there is a plate / flap that can be used to partially close the suction port for the skimmer that is drawing more than the other.

With the system off! - You can certainly run a snake through the line - sometimes there are too many 90* bends to make this practical :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.