Great site!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ohm_Boy said:
I like the truck too. Is it a Hijet? Wish we could get them here, but I don't think Kei trucks can be registered for on-road use except in maybe one or two states. :(

not good for the highways but real good for the island. or the country.

you can get off road tires for it. make it real good for the country roads.

good truck for the islands. I spend $20 a week on gas and that takes me everywhere. gas is $3.50+ a gallon. maybe more. I haven't checked for a while.

They are pretty neat. I don't think that you could get three in the cab, as teh whole vehicle is barely 4 and a half feet wide overall, and the shifter and brake handle sit between the seats. (may depend on the year). Most Japanese automakers offer one I suspect, and they are referred to as Kei Trucks, which I think means mini truck or tiny truck. Daihatsu's is the HiJet, Suzuki's is the Carry, there are others. I think that there are two, maybe three states in the US which will register one, but the feds don't seem to like them. EPA specifically, I believe. Canada loves them - there are a few importers there.
And I'd love to have one, personally.

Finally, like darn near every vehicle, they do not escape modders. Gotta love the fuel mileage...
hijetpickup.flv.jpg

Ohm_Boy said:
They are pretty neat. I don't think that you could get three in the cab, as teh whole vehicle is barely 4 and a half feet wide overall, and the shifter and brake handle sit between the seats. (may depend on the year). Most Japanese automakers offer one I suspect, and they are referred to as Kei Trucks, which I think means mini truck or tiny truck. Daihatsu's is the HiJet, Suzuki's is the Carry, there are others. I think that there are two, maybe three states in the US which will register one, but the feds don't seem to like them. EPA specifically, I believe. Canada loves them - there are a few importers there.
And I'd love to have one, personally.

Finally, like darn near every vehicle, they do not escape modders. Gotta love the fuel mileage...
hijetpickup.flv.jpg

now thats real fuel injection. :lol: