We have been getting a lot of rain lately in Atlanta, GA. It seems to rain heavy every afternoon for the last 2 weeks. I have been shocking the pool like crazy lately trying to get the FC back up to a normal level. I am new to pool management and I feel like I am wasting a lot of chemicals.
I have shocked my 20000gal vinyl pool 3 times in the last week using Leslie's Chlor Bright (32 oz of shock) and also have four 3"chlorine tabs floating around. My FC always falls back down to .5ppm within 1-2 days
Cya measured at pool store 1 mo ago=65
Pool appears very cloudy and has been for about 2-3 weeks.
Every time I shock the pool, the water turns a greenish color and fades about 24 hours later. I have also been battling some sort of a metal stain. I have had to do the ascorbic acid and metal free treatment twice this summer already. The stain disappears almost immediately but returns about a month later. The pool store sold me on the expensive Jack's Blue Magic to prevent the stain from coming back but it has not worked.
I used to trust my guy at the pool store but after finding your site I'm learning that I was getting ripped off the whole time. My pool has never looked so terrible. Any advice would be very much appreciated.