How long should it take to fill the pool?

Sep 4, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
My pool has bee filling for almost 40 hours so far and it is still 6 inches from the returns. The pool is approximately 18ft x 32ft and the deep end is 5ft 3in. I am using 2 garden hoses for the fill. I was told originally about 24 hours, but, am wondering if there might be something wrong. Can anyone give me some insight on this?
Thanks,
Joe

Does it appear your pool has filled to a certain point and will not go higher, or has it taken 40 hours to get as high as it is and the water level is still rising? If you suspect a leak, then walk the property around your pool and check for soggy ground. Also make sure a waste valve is not open, especially if it is connected to the sewer system.

It appears as though the pebbletec installers did not plug the proper fittings in my main drain. I am using a 32 inch main drain that has 3 2" fittings on it. Only one is used for the main drain and the other 2 have to be plugged. Plumber is on his way to fix it right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.