Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long should it take to fill the pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long should it take to fill the pool?

My pool has bee filling for almost 40 hours so far and it is still 6 inches from the returns. The pool is approximately 18ft x 32ft and the deep end is 5ft 3in. I am using 2 garden hoses for the fill. I was told originally about 24 hours, but, am wondering if there might be something wrong. Can anyone give me some insight on this?
    Thanks,
    Joe
    15000 gallon In Ground Pool / Spa combo, Pebbletec finish, Pentair Easy Touch automation, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair Intellichlor generator, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 425sqft cartridge filter, Solar Heat & Rheem Heat Pump, Pentair Great White pool cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long should it take to fill the pool?

Does it appear your pool has filled to a certain point and will not go higher, or has it taken 40 hours to get as high as it is and the water level is still rising? If you suspect a leak, then walk the property around your pool and check for soggy ground. Also make sure a waste valve is not open, especially if it is connected to the sewer system.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

It appears as though the pebbletec installers did not plug the proper fittings in my main drain. I am using a 32 inch main drain that has 3 2" fittings on it. Only one is used for the main drain and the other 2 have to be plugged. Plumber is on his way to fix it right now.
    15000 gallon In Ground Pool / Spa combo, Pebbletec finish, Pentair Easy Touch automation, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair Intellichlor generator, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 425sqft cartridge filter, Solar Heat & Rheem Heat Pump, Pentair Great White pool cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Any update?

5. Back To Top    #5

It was as suspected. The plugs in the main drain were in the wrong location. Got them configured correctly and it is now full and not leaking. Thanks