Water filling up the hole.....

Hello Everyone,
Well I thought I was in the final phase of my pool build but mother nature has decided to throw another obstacle at me. I have my pool just about done, all that is left is to put the vermiculite bottom in then the vinyl liner. However I have noticed that water seems to be seeping into the hole. We have had a number of rainy days here in nc. I placed a french drain around the walls during the build however this does not seem to be taking care of the whole water issue. I pump all the water out only to have it seep back in. HELP me......What should I do?
My deep end will be 8 foot with dual drains. Everything is already plumbed out...all my concrete work is done...yikes
I need some suggestions....thanks

I would say given that the remnants of Hurricane Ida just passed us (I am a bit north of you), I'd say that the water table has risen. I assume you did not put a dry well in under the pool so that you can suck the water from under the pool. That being the case, you can dig down, remove a few yards of dirt, add gravel and an 1-1/2" line to the surface behind the pool wall to act as a dry well, cover with landscape cloth and a layer of sand.

Put a pump on the new dry well and proceed with your setting the vermiculite base.

Or you can wait for the water table to drop and keep pumping the deep end to minimize potential damage.

Scott
PoolGuyNJ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.