New Receiver

Feb 10, 2008
Gilbert AZ
I've just got a new Yamaha 6140 reciever. It sounds great but I'm confused about the 5.1 sound settings. Which setting would be the best for 5.1 discrete sound when viewing TV? Some of the choices are,
1. 5 ch stereo
2. 2 ch enhanced
3. 5 ch enhanced
4. Pro Logic
5. PL II movie
6. direct
7. straight
8. movie spacious
9. movie dramatic
There are more choices but one of these should be correct. Sorry but I just can't seem to figure out which would be correct.
Thanks

meatloaf said:
I've just got a new Yamaha 6140 reciever. It sounds great but I'm confused about the 5.1 sound settings. Which setting would be the best for 5.1 discrete sound when viewing TV?
When I first set up my Marantz a/r and Cambridge Sound Works 5/1 speakers/sub a few years ago, I didn't really think to ask which sound effect was best with TV or DVD, etc --- I just experimented until I found the two or three that sounded best. Some of the sound processing selections on my system seemed artificial, so I avoid them and allow my receiver to "auto" select the setting when I'm watching television. The Yamaha might have a similar option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.