Pool build Vineland NJ

Dapdo

Bronze Supporter
Jul 15, 2018
Vineland, NJ
So excited to receive our contract! Now to get hoa approval (eyeroll) and city permits.
Details:
18x42 hamptons style gunite rectangle
3.5'-6.5'
28000 gallons
8x10 sun deck with bubbler
French grey diamond brite
All 2" and 2.5" PVC piping
Pentair quad de filter
Pentair intelliflo vs pump
Bonding and electrical included
Ez touch 4 with screen logic 2
2 skimmers
2 intellibrite color led lights
Supermesh safety cover
IC40
1' bluestone coping
4 pentair deck jets
:D

Get an IC60 SWG. We recommend your SWG capacity be at least 2X your pool volume.

Good luck. Pictures of the pool build are always appreciated.

Sounds like a really nice build. What are you thinking of doing for decking? Any thoughts of going with an autocover? I know if we were going with a rectangle I’d really consider one.

Dap,

Make sure that they don't try to give you the EasyTouch "Lite".. Model number will have an 'L' in it like PL4 or PSL4..

You want a real EasyTouch like this one... https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-easy-touch-control-system-520593

This assumes you will NOT have a spa... We always recommend a cell that is at least 2 x the volume of your pool. This makes the IC40 a little small for the size of your pool, but being in NJ you will not have the same issues that people in Texas, and AZ have.. :p

The unit above comes with a built-in SWCG power supply.. When the IC40 needs to be replaced, you can just buy the IC60 cell.. Or if you are flush with cash, you can get the ET8 which comes with the IC60... https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-easy-touch-control-system-521150

Also makes sure your IntelliFlo pumps does NOT have the SVRS option.. Don't fall for the "it's required routine" it is not...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sounds like a really nice build. What are you thinking of doing for decking? Any thoughts of going with an autocover? I know if we were going with a rectangle I’d really consider one.

The estimate for the autocover was 18k installed so no autocover lol.
Re decking the pool is going in next to a 500sqft paver patio so we aren't doing any decking, just coping.

- - - Updated - - -

Dap,

Make sure that they don't try to give you the EasyTouch "Lite".. Model number will have an 'L' in it like PL4 or PSL4..

You want a real EasyTouch like this one... https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-easy-touch-control-system-520593

This assumes you will NOT have a spa... We always recommend a cell that is at least 2 x the volume of your pool. This makes the IC40 a little small for the size of your pool, but being in NJ you will not have the same issues that people in Texas, and AZ have.. :p

The unit above comes with a built-in SWCG power supply.. When the IC40 needs to be replaced, you can just buy the IC60 cell.. Or if you are flush with cash, you can get the ET8 which comes with the IC60... https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-easy-touch-control-system-521150

Also makes sure your IntelliFlo pumps does NOT have the SVRS option.. Don't fall for the "it's required routine" it is not...

Thanks,

Jim R.

We are getting the ez touch with integrated salt water generator. Our builder does not recommend adding salt for first 6 months so we are waiting on adding the swg until we can use it to get the most out of the warranty

U r gonna have to do decking it's gonna get trashed w the pool install u will be re using ur pavers I guess but in the end u will need some to make cuts to fit unless u shrink the deck a little and cut into the existing edge w coping

Going to be a while to get through permitting. Some towns around here are ridiculous ie need 2 engineers to sign off on the plans but I think my town is reasonable just slow.
I'll try to get some before pics of the yard

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Been a little while since I posted but, the pool is dug, gunite shot, back fill is done. Everything went great, our PB has been awesome. I guess we are waiting for spring to finish. We have one big decision left to make and im completely torn: coping.
Our estimate has 12" bluestone tread coping, no decking we were going to surround it with lawn like a hamptons style pool. The pool is 6 feet from a 420 sqft patio.
For the cost of the bluestone treads, I'd be able to do stamped, stained concrete, 3 feet of decking and another 300sqft patio.
What do I do?!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.