Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool build Vineland NJ

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool build Vineland NJ

So excited to receive our contract! Now to get hoa approval (eyeroll) and city permits.
    Details:
    18x42 hamptons style gunite rectangle
    3.5'-6.5'
    28000 gallons
    8x10 sun deck with bubbler
    French grey diamond brite
    All 2" and 2.5" PVC piping
    Pentair quad de filter
    Pentair intelliflo vs pump
    Bonding and electrical included
    Ez touch 4 with screen logic 2
    2 skimmers
    2 intellibrite color led lights
    Supermesh safety cover
    IC40
    1' bluestone coping
    4 pentair deck jets

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pool build Vineland NJ

Get an IC60 SWG. We recommend your SWG capacity be at least 2X your pool volume.

Good luck. Pictures of the pool build are always appreciated.
    -Allen
    IG 20x50 35,000 gal Cayman Lagoon Hydrazoo plaster w/ spa & waterfall, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Mastertemp 400BTU Nat Gas Heater, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Polaris 380 cleaner, Meyco solid winter cover, TF100 Test Kit, Built in 2000 & replastered in 2017

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by ajw22 View Post
    Get an IC60 SWG. We recommend your SWG capacity be at least 2X your pool volume.

Good luck. Pictures of the pool build are always appreciated.
    Thanks will look into that!
    Will upgrade my account and post pics when they become available!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like a really nice build. What are you thinking of doing for decking? Any thoughts of going with an autocover? I know if we were going with a rectangle I’d really consider one.
    Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Build: 800sqft 33K gal. 26' x 46' Gunite freeform pool, 3.5 to 7' depth, +50sqft Spa, +100sqft sunshelf w/ 3 x splashdown fountains, Boulder waterfall, Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS X 2 pumps (main/features), Pentair 60sq ft FNS Plus DE filter, Pentair IC60 SWCG, Easytouch 8 w/ screenlogic, Pentair Intellibrite/Globrite lights, Raypak NG heater, Travertine coping, Paver decking, Autofill

5. Back To Top    #5

Dap,

Make sure that they don't try to give you the EasyTouch "Lite".. Model number will have an 'L' in it like PL4 or PSL4..

You want a real EasyTouch like this one... https://sunplay.com/collections/pent...-system-520593

This assumes you will NOT have a spa... We always recommend a cell that is at least 2 x the volume of your pool. This makes the IC40 a little small for the size of your pool, but being in NJ you will not have the same issues that people in Texas, and AZ have..

The unit above comes with a built-in SWCG power supply.. When the IC40 needs to be replaced, you can just buy the IC60 cell.. Or if you are flush with cash, you can get the ET8 which comes with the IC60... https://sunplay.com/collections/pent...-system-521150

Also makes sure your IntelliFlo pumps does NOT have the SVRS option.. Don't fall for the "it's required routine" it is not...

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
    Sounds like a really nice build. What are you thinking of doing for decking? Any thoughts of going with an autocover? I know if we were going with a rectangle I’d really consider one.
    The estimate for the autocover was 18k installed so no autocover lol.
    Re decking the pool is going in next to a 500sqft paver patio so we aren't doing any decking, just coping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Dap,

Make sure that they don't try to give you the EasyTouch "Lite".. Model number will have an 'L' in it like PL4 or PSL4..

You want a real EasyTouch like this one... https://sunplay.com/collections/pent...-system-520593

This assumes you will NOT have a spa... We always recommend a cell that is at least 2 x the volume of your pool. This makes the IC40 a little small for the size of your pool, but being in NJ you will not have the same issues that people in Texas, and AZ have..

The unit above comes with a built-in SWCG power supply.. When the IC40 needs to be replaced, you can just buy the IC60 cell.. Or if you are flush with cash, you can get the ET8 which comes with the IC60... https://sunplay.com/collections/pent...-system-521150

Also makes sure your IntelliFlo pumps does NOT have the SVRS option.. Don't fall for the "it's required routine" it is not...

Thanks,

Jim R.
    We are getting the ez touch with integrated salt water generator. Our builder does not recommend adding salt for first 6 months so we are waiting on adding the swg until we can use it to get the most out of the warranty

7. Back To Top    #7

U r gonna have to do decking it's gonna get trashed w the pool install u will be re using ur pavers I guess but in the end u will need some to make cuts to fit unless u shrink the deck a little and cut into the existing edge w coping
    14x30 IG 13,000gal "full DIY in progress" hayward automation, aquaplus swg T15, hayward swimclear 525 sqft. cartridge filter, hayward ecostar vsp3400, raypak 266btu NG cupro-nickel heater, dolphin S200 robot

8. Back To Top    #8

Does anybody know how diamond brite is priced? Which colors are in which tier?

9. Back To Top    #9

I am in to watch this one! It sounds great so far! I can't wait to see some pics!

Plaster pricing-depending on your PB. Some say this and others may say that. Best to ask your PB on this one.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Going to be a while to get through permitting. Some towns around here are ridiculous ie need 2 engineers to sign off on the plans but I think my town is reasonable just slow.
    I'll try to get some before pics of the yard

11. Back To Top    #11

Here's what I'm thinking
    20180902_170049.jpg

12. Back To Top    #12

I can't read the words but I like what I see in the drawing. What are the walls/benches around the pool?

What kind of depths are you thinking of?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I can't read the words but I like what I see in the drawing. What are the walls/benches around the pool?

What kind of depths are you thinking of?

Kim
    We intend to surround the pool with a boxwood hedge and a limelight hydrangea hedge behind that in true hamptons style. We are doing 3.5 to 6' at the deepest.

14. Back To Top    #14

That sounds so pretty! I really want to see where th is beauty is going to go!

Kim

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    That sounds so pretty! I really want to see where th is beauty is going to go!

Kim
    Aww thanks I'll get on that once we get home!

16. Back To Top    #16

Most of nj is a pain. U prob misunderstood the requirements they want 2 sets of stamped engineered drawings when u apply not 2 diff engineers. Typical of any structural work
    14x30 IG 13,000gal "full DIY in progress" hayward automation, aquaplus swg T15, hayward swimclear 525 sqft. cartridge filter, hayward ecostar vsp3400, raypak 266btu NG cupro-nickel heater, dolphin S200 robot

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Most of nj is a pain. U prob misunderstood the requirements they want 2 sets of stamped engineered drawings when u apply not 2 diff engineers. Typical of any structural work
    Nope. Two engineers. Pb told us it costs people in that town thousands of dollars to get permits through. Apparently very litigious.

18. Back To Top    #18

Been a little while since I posted but, the pool is dug, gunite shot, back fill is done. Everything went great, our PB has been awesome. I guess we are waiting for spring to finish. We have one big decision left to make and im completely torn: coping.
    Our estimate has 12" bluestone tread coping, no decking we were going to surround it with lawn like a hamptons style pool. The pool is 6 feet from a 420 sqft patio.
    For the cost of the bluestone treads, I'd be able to do stamped, stained concrete, 3 feet of decking and another 300sqft patio.
    What do I do?!

19. Back To Top    #19

If the grass is going to be real then NO to the grass! You will thank me every time you don't have to worry about the grass in the pool from feet or the mower! If you can do fake grass then go for it but get the good stuff!

20. Back To Top    #20

Omg I never thought about the grass clippings!!!!!
    That's a nice catch, I'd be out there skimming instead of swimming! Thank You!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast