Pool build Vineland NJ

Look up at the top of this page. See "Photo Gallery"? Click on that and see if you can figure it out from there. With that pretty badge under your name you have plenty of room to add pics. Now if you can't figure it out let me know I will see if I can walk you through it but it might be kinda of like the blind leading the blink :roll:

Kim:kim:

We have one big decision left to make and im completely torn: coping.
Our estimate has 12" bluestone tread coping, no decking we were going to surround it with lawn like a hamptons style pool. The pool is 6 feet from a 420 sqft patio.
For the cost of the bluestone treads, I'd be able to do stamped, stained concrete, 3 feet of decking and another 300sqft patio.
What do I do?!
Hi. I say, 100%, without a doubt, go for the bluestone. If you want a Hamptons look it's the only way to go. I was going to do bluestone and changed to Techo Bloc pavers on the recommendation of my landscaper (who did the coping). I would rather have gone with the bluestone (after seeing my neighbors) but am very happy with the Techo Bloc. In any event, I have grass right up to the coping and I love it. Go for it! Don't worry about grass in the pool. Do you cut the grass yourself? If so get a bagger. If you have a landscaper just tell them to use a bagger. If they won't find one that uses baggers. My landscaper uses baggers and I don't have an issue (& none left for the kids to bring in the pool with them). The skimmer gets everything (grass, pollen, catkins from oak trees, etc.). I will say do sod as seed will take forever and probably not grow well due to all the water. If you square my patio (where the table is) in the pic below it's 500 sq ft. just to give you an idea. There is another poster on here with a similar pool to mine (and what you're thinking of) and he loves the grass too (can't find him though). I believe he poured his own stepping stones around the pool. You can always replace grass a lot easier than replacing concrete. IMO, there's a reason why you can get so much concrete & patio for the cost of bluestone coping. It's like looking at a real hardwood floor vs. vinyl; you just can't compare the two.

29408867187_85f19f8724_z.jpg

Love the look!!!!
Our landscaper does bag the clippings. Ugh I'm so torn. I'm going to see what kind of pics the pb produces re the stamped concrete.
I love the hamptons look but I also like the practical aspect of having decking. Blargh.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim!! I'm liking it too. The back slope looks steeper because there is a bit of rise to the back fill, overall I'd say it's about a 2 feet descent over 10 feet. Was planning on doing arborvitae and strawberry vanilla hydrangea back there

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.