This always bring a tear to my eye

Thank you so much for sharing. Yes, it brings happy and sad tears. We love BIG cats. Below is our compromise. Jake Mastiff is almost 9 months old, in picture, with over a year more growing to do adding over another 100 lbs. We can have a horse and Big cat all rolled up into a lap dog that can live with us in the house. :-D Daddy is 6' 2" with very broad shoulders.

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

This all goes to show you that when you touch a life, any life in a special way, it is not forgotten.
I am reminded this by our Big Black Dog, Wriggley who I got very mad at last night. She was just being very bad...And in return I got very mad...She wouldn't even come down stairs with me afterward...However, this morning she jumped up on the bed and lovingly licked my face and ears to wake me up...All was forgiven as her 94 lbs sat yes litterally sat on my stomach and chest. I really love that dog!!! :sun:

cubbybeave08 said:
This all goes to show you that when you touch a life, any life in a special way, it is not forgotten.
I am reminded this by our Big Black Dog, Wriggley who I got very mad at last night. She was just being very bad...And in return I got very mad...She wouldn't even come down stairs with me afterward...However, this morning she jumped up on the bed and lovingly licked my face and ears to wake me up...All was forgiven as her 94 lbs sat yes litterally sat on my stomach and chest. I really love that dog!!! :sun:

:cheers:

geekgranny said:
Thank you so much for sharing. Yes, it brings happy and sad tears. We love BIG cats. Below is our compromise. Jake Mastiff is almost 9 months old, in picture, with over a year more growing to do adding over another 100 lbs. We can have a horse and Big cat all rolled up into a lap dog that can live with us in the house. :-D Daddy is 6' 2" with very broad shoulders.

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

What a great picture that last one, really great :wave: Jake doesen't understands how big he really is, right!? But his just a baby :-D
I would love to have a dog myself but we don't have the time. So we have a cat instead. His so lovely(only 10 lbs :cool: ) and we really have taken him to our hearts all of the family. Sometimes you wonder why you continues to call for his attention when he just doesen't seems to care at all. But then every now when he comes to you it's so worthwhile. I guess that what it's like with cats.
you have to satisfiy with what you get in opposite to a dog that have endless amount of affection for the family members.

Thanks for sharing that Henry! I sure love my kitties! Although they be much smaller, they still sometimes attack me like that! :lol: Especially the little one, she likes to jump on you from the top of the stairway! :shock:

No he doesn't know how big he is but he is a bit puzzled because the world around him keeps shrinking. We've had over 30 Mastiff in the past 30 years, all house-dogs, usually 6-10 at a time. I can say, with confidence, that they never really realize how big they are and always want to be lap dogs. They are very cat like, more so than any other big dogs I've been around. They use their paws a lot like cats do.

I always had cats until we moved out here to the wilds. It is so dangerous out here for domestic cats that are let outside because the coyotes and bobcats visit houses during the day time. I frequently call my one neighbor to see if she is home so I can take her cats in, if she is not home, during the day, if my dogs alert to a wild critter. When they alert I usually get to see the critter, who just looks at me for a while before moving on.They bark differently for different perceived threats. We have fox also but I don't usually see them until late afternoon.

We moved out here with two cats. They didn't last long even though we fed them twice a day to keep in touch with them and bring them in most nights. Sometimes they were too busy hunting and too independent, as you have stated, that they wouldn't come in. It was heartbreaking to lose them.

Visiting someone with a cat is always a treat for me. They usually pay lots of attention to me which is great.

I've been on the lookout for an orphan bobcat. Contrary to what is frequently reported, if they are raised in the house, with a large pen outside, they make pretty good pets (with some limitations), even if they are not declawed, which I wouldn't do. I am willing to totally enclose my courtyard with a chute leading from kitchen. They can be trained to walk on a lease too. I would let him out a bit at night but supervised. We have major damage from Woods Rats all over, including 10K on the cars three winters ago. I think he would help with that. I couldn't let any cats outside from dawn to dusk because I have so many bird feeders but with a huge outside enclosure he wouldn't be able to get to the birds. He would also probably hunt the neighbors cats during the day or the very worst get shot by someone in the neighborhood, who I haven't schooled, to keep then from doing things like that. On occasion Bob Cats make dens under peoples porches and decks out here. The people I know of that, have had this, haven't destroyed them. They just wait them out.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.