Another old pool new owner questions

rex808

Nov 12, 2009
Ive looked at a few things people have been saying and its all going over my head,everyone is using abraviations,and i just dont now what there talking about.If i check my pools chlorine levels in the morning and there fine,then when we use it in the afternoon,then check it again after and it reads no chlorine is that because it needs more salt or is that normal,the acid demand test is all good and so is the total akalinity,its a concrete pool salt chloriated and god only nows the rest please help,ppppllleeeaaassseee

Ive looked at a few things people have been saying and its all going over my head,everyone is using abraviations,and i just dont now what there talking about.
Welcome to the forum! :lol: :lol:

Start in Pool School. There is an article on common abbreviations. Just read down those articles, particularly, the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry. More will start to make sense and it will generate more question. Ask away. We'll help as much as you need.

Chlorine is a consumable item that needs constant replenishment. If your SWG is not producing enough, it will disappear during the day. From your test results, I assume you cannot test for CYA, is that correct? What are you testing with?

Please put as much info about your pool as you can in your sig. Look at others for examples....there's an article in Pool School, also.

Welcome to TFP!!

If your chlorine is being depleted by day's end you need to add more (as Duraliegh alluded to). With your salt system (SWCG) it's as simple as turning up the output :cool: However, you do need to take stabilizer into account and reading Pool School will certainly help you figure out what you already know vs. what you need to ask about :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.