Very high results

polyvue said:
Glad to hear things have calmed down for you.... it will make your holidays more enjoyable.

Pressure gauges are ridiculously inexpensive; if you must drive 2 hours to get one, pick up a boxful and just store them. You'll need to replace them on occasion (not periodically, but if one malfunctions on a pool you manage, it becomes an easy fix.)

Ok I could to that. I personally saw one replacement kit for the Pent Air cartdrige filters. They cost $25 USD. Do you know if this kits are "universal"? I mean, can be installed on any model of this Pent Air cartdrige filters? Right now we have 4 pools with this type of filter, so I might to get one an additional one just in case.

Sorry If I ask this simple questions here. Believe me, when you call the pool stores here, many times they don't really know the answers to some sort of questions and they usually "generalize" when giving solutions. Creation of pools, heavy mechanics are ok but not maintenance.

And yes! hopefully we will have some hours for our Christmas.. have to keep working on the 24th until 6 pm aprox. and a couple of hours on the 25th. So far Jan 1st is free of work, but we will see :whip:

HardTrance9 said:
Ok I could to that. I personally saw one replacement kit for the Pent Air cartdrige filters. They cost $25 USD. Do you know if this kits are "universal"? I mean, can be installed on any model of this Pent Air cartdrige filters? Right now we have 4 pools with this type of filter, so I might to get one an additional one just in case.
Oh, that sounds too cheap (barato)... What is the model number of these Pentair filters? I have Hayward cartridge filters and they're much more expensive. I believe that Pentair probably makes different sized filters, so you'd want to be sure you get the correct model filter.

polyvue said:
HardTrance9 said:
Oh, that sounds too cheap (barato)... What is the model number of these Pentair filters? I have Hayward cartridge filters and they're much more expensive. I believe that Pentair probably makes different sized filters, so you'd want to be sure you get the correct model filter.

I took some pictures with my cell phone but they are pretty bad. Need to use the camera next time.

Pentair Cartdrige Filter 420 (PLS) was the number I could get from the SG pool.

Just called the store and they said that the cost is correct and that it fits the 420 model, but the store is far away hehe.

I think he's quoting the price for the pressure gauge, and asking if that amount was reasonable.

If my guess was correct, they are (in the US) a standard thread size (1/4" thread IIRC) and run about $10 from online pool stores.

lee32903 said:
I think he's quoting the price for the pressure gauge, and asking if that amount was reasonable.

If my guess was correct, they are (in the US) a standard thread size (1/4" thread IIRC) and run about $10 from online pool stores.
Good catch, lee! Sorry, Hardtrance9 to have forgotten the subject --- I indeed thought you were talking about replacement filter media for your cartridge filter. And so, though it's probably true that replacement filter cartridges (4 needed) can be had for $50-$75, a filter pressure gauge, as lee described, can be had for about $10 USD. They may be available at an even cheaper price at a local hardware store....

Hi all!

Yes, thanks Lee, you are correct. I was talking about the gauge replacement kit :)

And yep, the question was if it was a reasonable price ($25), but as I suspected here they are selling it for more than double in that particular store. Will search in other stores...

At least it was good to know about the 4 replacement cartridges needed for the filter (thanks Polyvue and Jason).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.