Pool Pad Hiding....

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Next spring i want to hide my pool equipment as it is out in the open right now. I plan to set a few posts in concrete and fence it off in some way shape or form. However, i am concerned about hitting some of the underground piping. Do pool installers typically bury something with the pipes to make them easy to locate the same way other utilities are located?

Unfortunately, no :( It's literally hit or miss :p

However, unless the pad has been moved since the pool was built, most installers take a direct path to the pad from the pool - so, if you keep the posts a couple feet beyond the pad, you should be OK :wink:

I will reiterate that I think it is preferable to be able to see the pool when changing valves (if only for winterizing or 'wasting' water) so you might want to think about a barrier that will not only hide the equipment and deaden the noise, but also allow you to see the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.