What are these particles floating in the water?

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
I've noticed these white translucent particles floating in the water the other night when I had the lights on. They are flat and 2 to 3 millimeters square or rectangular. I can't detect them during the day - only at night just in front of the lights. I noticed it the most after brushing the pool as I probably stirred them up. I can capture them with a net and they are soft and fall apart when touched. I'm guessing its calcium, but my CSI has never ventured out of range (-.6 to .6) and is almost always around -.3. All numbers are in range for a SWG plaster pool. Any ideas? I'll try to get a photo.

lborne said:
So is it anything to worry about? The SWG cell has been operating less than a month. It is self cleaning, is in a clear tube and I can't see any build up on it. Possibly it builds up and then flakes off.
I think the previous posts are educated guesses. If it persists you could try to retrieve some of the flakes and have them analyzed...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.