Georgetown, TX Pool Build (North of Austin, TX)

Who is doing your Pebble install? Can-Tex plaster did mine yesterday and from what I can see thus far, it’s looking great. They put plastic everywhere and even under their truck engine. I’ve never seen that before, guys were clean!

Who is doing your Pebble install? Can-Tex plaster did mine yesterday and from what I can see thus far, it’s looking great. They put plastic everywhere and even under their truck engine. I’ve never seen that before, guys were clean!

That's awesome, I bet that ocean blue looks great! Cen-Tex Plaster is doing mine too. After waiting a month for plaster I went to pebble tec's website and saw that they are the only applicator in a 100 mile radius which explains why they have been so backed up.

Looking great! Plaster day followed by fill day is like a huge weight being lifted. I actually slept well last night for the first time in almost three months. Can-Tex has been backed-up for three weeks due to all of the rain we had.

So Dirk's plan is in full effect! I read the water meter right before we started filling the pool, but the weather is throwing me a curve ball. It's been raining all day, so the math to determine how much water filled the pool is going to be fun. I set out a 5 gallon bucket the same time I read the water meter, so I just need to figure the math of how much it's rained and apply it to the surface area of the pool.

PoolFilling.jpg

Actually, math doesn't seem that bad. According to my home depot bucket, we had 2.25" of rain. Local weather reports show between 1.75" and 2.5" of rain in our area. I'll go with 2" for calculations as the home depot bucket tapers slightly inwards towards the bottom.

Everything I've read shows .6" of rain per square foot of surface area. Spa and pool combined equate to 475 square feet (according to dimensions from PB).

475*1.2 = 570 Gallons of water due to rainfall

I'm liking this color of blue (Aqua Blue, Pebble Sheen)

PoolFillingPartial.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The PB said it would be a 13k gallon pool, but I measured about 15.4k gallons. But like you said Kim, I can modify that once I start adding chemicals.

Thanks lazygirl!

Pool is done, now it's time to get my yard in shape. I really want to wait until spring to lay sod, but I also don't want to deal with sticky/muddy loam all winter....decisions, decisions....

Finished Product.

PoolFull.jpg

If you really want to wait you can use rye grass with straw over it to help with the mud.

That color came out great! I hope it stays just like that! Have you brushed it yet?

Kim:kim:

I've thought about rye grass, but I didn't think of adding straw to help with the mud....great idea.

I started brushing on Sunday twice a day. The pool startup company came by today and started the pump. They added something, but I'm not sure what they added as they didn't call and touch base.

How many days until I should start adding chemicals myself?

Below are test from tonight. Slightly different from my fill water, but we did have a lot of rain.

Current Pool test
Chlorine = .5 ppm
CC = 2
TC = 2.5
Ch = 300 ppm
Ta = 170
PH = 7.2

Fill Water
Chlorine = .5
CC = 4.5
TC = 5
CH = 350 ppm
TA = 250
PH = 7.2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.