Ahoy-hoy

Iridia

In The Industry
Nov 8, 2009
East Coast US
Hiya,
I'm relatively new to the whole pool care thang (around 7 or 8 months now?). I'm from the northeast US and work for one of those oft-defamed pool stores you hear about on sites like this. I actually got into the job by chance because there was a help wanted sign up, and now I'm a store manager. And they told me I'd never amount to anything with a bachelor's in East Asian Studies! :|

I prefer dealing with the equipment side of pool operation than the water balancing side, but I find both interesting. I love poking around commercial pump rooms and identifying issues with equipment.

I try to participate in forums like this to have a better understanding of pool maintenance. Eventually I'm getting CPO certified (at the expense of my employers), but in the meantime I'm just informally learning as I go.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. :)

Welcome to TFP!!

I sincerely congratulate you on coming here :) :bowdown: You seem to want to learn more about what you're doing :goodjob:

If you have any questions as you go along, we'll be here to clarify and explain :-D (clarify and explain what's wrong with what you're learning :p )