skimmer question

Jul 13, 2007
New question for the group about skimmer placement. I was next door this afternoon looking at my neighbors pool which will be exactly like mine (12x24x42 grecian true-L) including orientation. The wind here in OK can blow pretty good at times and today it was out of the south which is kind of typical for summer(blowing toward the diving end). Their two skimmers are both on the east wall so it appears to me that the wind will simply blow all of the junk right past them to the north end of the pool. Since we have a grecian, would it be a good idea to put a skimmer in each of the clipped corners and let the wind do the work. PB says that there will be enough returns (5) to keep the water moving. Maybe so, but I don't see the junk making a right turn to go into the skimmers when the wind is blowing 20 or 30 mph. Any thoughts on skimmer placement would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• BBQCounter036.jpg
    BBQCounter036.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 21
You for sure want to consider the prevailing wind when planning where to put skimmers. Normally the idea is to get the stuff to drift by the skimmer near the wall and the flow will pull it in.

I almost mentioned it when I replied to another of your posts but, 2 skimmers in a true "L" is pushing it, unless one was able to take care of the shallow end. Having the returns positioned correctly is also fairly key. Yes, do take prevalent winds into account when planning skimmer placement, why try to fight Ma Nature? :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.