Pool won’t hold chlorine

First time (clueless) pool owner here. I have 25,000 gallon in ground pool. Since opening in May we have not been able to hold any chlorine. Due to this, I have dealt with recurring yellow algae problems all summer. Unfortunately at the moment I’m only testing with strips. Readings for Ph and hardness have always been fine but FC and TC never gives a reading at all. Don’t have anything to test CYA yet. Use tablets via a chlorinator and also a floater. Any idea why there is no chlorine reading? Don’t want to deal with anymore yellow algae and want a pool that’s safe to swim in. Thanks!

Go buy alot of liquid chlorine. If u have big box by you like Wal-Mart or similar they have plain in pool aisle. Gonna need a dozen gallons or more but start w a few unless ur far from one. I'd start w a gallon in morning and gallon in evening daily til teat kit comes and take a water sample to pool store for an idea. They will be wrong anyway but will have a clue to cya levels u may be too high w pucks and previous might have to dilute water out of pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.