Is this ok, or should we make it level???

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
In the process of our install, a small piece of the liner in the corner ripped. I immediately came to TFP for help, and decided to proceed with the install. We patched the rip with jb weld, gorilla tape, a piece of liner from my cousins old pool. Seems to be holding up. I finally got in the pool yesterday for the first time & I noticed it creaks in that corner. It's a terrifying sound to a pool owner.lol The pool is perfectly level, within 1/4 of an inch. But we built dirt up under that corner of the liner only, just to keep it from putting extra stress on that tear. The legs are perfectly level. Should we just dig the dirt out from that corner & let it all be level, or ignore the terrifying sound? I had pretty much decided that I was going to get a new liner next year, now I'm not so sure simply because it seems to be holding up great. You can see in the pictures that all of the other corners are perfect, but that one's off because of the build up.

- - - Updated - - -

8A915FB2-97FF-41FA-983B-1560EED5FFB2.jpg

The creaking sound is pretty normal for an intex style pool. They move and flex with the movement of people in the pool. As long as the legs look good and the pool stays level you should be fine.

Yea, that’s a stress area, and the JB weld may crack when the liner stretches under water weight and moves in use.

Keep a close eye on it. I would mark the length of the current tear with a sharpie so you can easily see if it continues to rip.

Good luck.

Ok, thanks. We have dirt under that corner of the liner, to minimize the stress on that corner. I'm most likely going to get a new liner next year. I'm just really not looking forward to doing this all over again.lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.