Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2016
MARION, IL
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My 1 hp, Hayward Superpump has enough suction to reach about 5psi. The pump basket gets about 60-70% full, water stream still pouring in the inlet from the pool but will not fill the basket nor produce sufficient water output to the pool jets. Have not added any pool devices requiring water. Up until a few days ago, the pump system had been working 24/7 since May.

d&j,

The number one reason for a pump basket not filling all the way is a suction side air leak at the O-Ring under the pump lid. Or in your case the Square-Ring... :p

Could be other things but that is where I would start. Make sure the O-Ring is not damaged and has been lubed. Also makes sure the lid is tightened down well.

If you have been vacuuming up a bunch of leaves, then it is possible that your skimmer line is partially clogged.

Of course the water level should be up to the middle of the skimmer and the weir door needs to be moving and not stuck up.

Did you do anything just prior to the pump not working?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Problem solved! Thank you all for the tips. I ended up replacing the suction, (inlet) piping and valving from where it exits the ground to the pump. Suction restored.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.