How to "store" hot tub

Jul 9, 2018
Davenport, FL
Hi all, separate from our pool we have a freestanding hot tub. It's one of those plastic bases with the molded seats in it. So it came with the house and I know very little about it. I drained it till winter so it is empty for now. It has one of those thick insulated covers on top. We drained it about a month ago, peeked inside yesterday and it is almost full of water again. I know the cover isn't waterproof. Ideally I want to bring the cover inside the shed because the vinyl is starting to get cracked and mildewy and I figure that is something that shouldn't be out year-round. I don't mind throwing the submersible pump in the tub every couple weeks to drain it, but then the next question come up, will the interior plastic shell get damaged from the sun if it sits open (and mostly dry) for most of the year? Is there an option I am not thinking of?

Thanks for any pointers. :snorkle:

I would get a waterproof poly tarp to secure over the hot tub. Water may accumulate on tbe tarp and you will need to pump it off. But the tarp will protect the tub interior and take any dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.