Salt Cell died

Jul 9, 2013
6 yr old Salt cell died yesterday. Voltage reading would drop to zero 10 seconds after wanting to generate chlorine. Unit would then turn off for 30 seconds before trying again.
Anyway- I ordered new Hayward T-15 online last night but ...It more than likely will not be at my house till next week. Next week I will be on a business trip.
Until I return and install the unit, what is the best way to have my family add chlorine to the pool and how much?
Thanks

Do you have your own test kit?

Use PoolMath to determine how much CL to add.

Do you know your CYA? Use [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] to determine FC level for your CYA.

What liquid chlorine will you be using? What % of CL?

This weekend I will buy some powder cl
current CYA is 40-50.
The instant read zero never changed. The base number read 3200
What was strange was the amp reading read around 20 until the generator kicked on and then would drop down to zero.

I agree, that is a sign of a bad thermistor if what you have is a Hayward SWCG base model.
If you have access to a multimeter, the troubleshooting steps shown here should help. Or with the power off, disturb the thermistor by tapping it gently and see if it crumbles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.