AquaTrol not generating, salt level is at 0

AL-6 is the box type. The cell type is not changeable.

Here is a link to the test kit. They also have a TF-100, which is a good full kit if you need one.

K-1766 Taylor Salt Test

Test Kits

ok thanks. Someone said that on the diagnostics, you should change the number on that to match the Cell number, they give you instructions on how to do it, i was just wondering if it was necessary?

The first reading is the average salinity. The instant salinity has a - in front of it.

ok now my average salinity has jumped up to 4800. I am really not surprised because when it was acting up, we added a couple bags of salt. anyway the instant salinity is -0
I have drained my pool some and adding water now.

these are all my readings on the aquatrol board
99P

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, the salinity is probably pretty high. The average takes a while to catch up. As long as the box isn't showing an error, you should be ok.

I have only one salt light on the panel and it is not lighting up red or anything when the pump runs. But i still would like to bring the salinity level down maybe to 4000 and then just let it come down on its own after that when it rains, etc.

Ok, the salinity is probably pretty high. The average takes a while to catch up. As long as the box isn't showing an error, you should be ok.

I got my k-1766 test kit today. after following the instructions, multiplying the drops by 200, it came to 5000. However, my aquatrol panel is reading 4500. So is the salt kit more accurate than the panel reading? I didn't think it would be that much different, but it is.

Salt tests are not super accurate. The results are within the acceptable range.

The important thing is that you check periodically and notice when the difference starts to change.

If the system is working correctly, you're good. If it's giving an error, then you need to lower the salinity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.