Chlorinator Off - No Flow

TexasTwister

LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 9, 2008
Richmond, Texas
Hey everyone,

Just finished cleaning an Aqua Rite Turbo Cell for a customer. Their Pro Logic readout had been displaying the typical "Inspect Cell + to Reset" message which I reset after reinstalling the unit and tying up the cables with zip ties. This and "Check System" were the only "out of the ordinary" messages it had been displaying previously.

About 3 minutes after restarting the system, the Pro Logic readout began displaying "Chlorinator Off - No Flow". Great! I did a few other things and after 20 minutes or so, it still had the same message. I checked the wire leading from the flow sensor to the Pro Logic, thinking I may have accidentally cut it when I was clipping off the old zip ties, but it was intact. I double-checked the wire to make sure.

My question is, does the Pro Logic have a "pecking order" for the display of these messages or would all the messages be displayed in sequence as the default menu cycles through? In other words, could the "Inspect Cell" message been hiding the "No flow" message because it had a higher priority or whatever?

Incidentally, the filter pump had stopped running over the last week or so when the system was on automatic, which leads me to believe the flow switch may not have been working prior to cleaning the cell.

TexasTwister said:
My question is, does the Pro Logic have a "pecking order" for the display of these messages or would all the messages be displayed in sequence as the default menu cycles through? In other words, could the "Inspect Cell" message been hiding the "No flow" message because it had a higher priority or whatever?
I have the Aqua Logic PS-8 system. On page 39 of the Operation Manual, in a discussion of the Diagnostic Menu options, it states
It's possible to have more than one reason, in which case after you rectify what was displayed the first time, a second display will appear.

Just want to say that, I had one a few years ago that, when putting the 'zip ties' on, whoever had done it loosened a wire on the flow switch :evil: Loosening the tension on the wire allowed the connection again (though we came back a week later and replaced the switch). Just a :idea:

JenTran, welcome to TFP!
Sounds like your installer screwed something up. The flow switch could be installed backwards, not installed, not plugged in...I'm not familiar with that particular unit, but since you had someone install it they should take care of it. If you need more help, start a new thread so more people will see it :goodjob:

Thank you - I figured it out. The flow switch was not even installed. Unfortunately, our pool builder ended up being somewhat of a con man so we are left on our own trying to figure all this out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.