Leaving for 4 days what do I need

I would bring the chlorine to shock level a couple of hours before you shut the pump off and leave. Without circulation, nothing should be added to the pool.

It may be fine when you get back or it may have algae....hard to tell....I would guess it will make it for four days but you'll need to shock again as soon as you return.

Here's what I did for a 7 day absence. The pump was off the entire time and there was nobody to check on the pool or add chemicals.

The night before I left I added enough bleach to raise the FC to 15. I ran the pump all night. Next morning I added 4 oz of polyquat first thing. Packed up. Turned the pump off, put solar cover on, drove away.

Gave a fleeting thought to the pool while I was gone but I knew that the worst thing that could happen is pea soup, and that's fixable with bleach and vacuuming.

I came back to a CLEAN pool. Amazing! Some few leaves on the solar cover, very warm water, a couple tiny green spots. I turned the pump on, brushed the spots and the bottom, unpacked the car, tested the water. FC was kind of low, CC was 0. Made a Bloody Mary, dove in :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.