Cleaning Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
This morning i hopefully took another step towards pool maintenance independence by disassembling and cleaning my FNS Plus DE filter. This was all pretty straight forward although there were a couple things that i puzzled over.

The biggest one was the bottom piece. There didn't really seem to be anything that indicted the correct orientation as it sits in the bottom. I just tried to align a couple of the plasic parts that appeared like they should sit on top of each other.

Additionally, the top manifold has to go on in a manner to fit the large outlest pipe, and with the two center rods, i think it has to orient itself correct. IOW, i dont think you can put it (the bottom) in wrong and get everything back together.

Also i wasnt positive as to how long to keep turning th ebolt on the outside retainer. The instructions said to do it till the spring coils touch, which i did, but it seemed like they touched fairly quickly. I probably have 3/4" of thread sticking out of the bolt.

Thinkly said:
Also i wasnt positive as to how long to keep turning th ebolt on the outside retainer. The instructions said to do it till the spring coils touch, which i did, but it seemed like they touched fairly quickly. I probably have 3/4" of thread sticking out of the bolt.
I think from another thread you posted that you were bringing the filter inside... probably doesn't matter until spring reassembly whether or not the retainer is correctly seated. BTW on my cartridge filter it takes many, many turns of the bolt to get the spring coils to touch... it's a PITA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.