Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I hate the Yankees

1. Back To Top    #1

I hate the Yankees

Another exaggeration, to be sure... but why does the most moneyed team in Baseball always have to roll over other good teams year after year to take more than their fair share of penants and world championships. When I lived in New Jersey, I was a Mets fan... at that time a new team that ended each lousy season in the cellar. Nevertheless, they were not the Yankees.

Take Derek Jeter (please!) He's a great performer and that's only one reason why I despise him. A great team player, helps out others, friendly to media, fans, other teams... but he's got that Yankee attitude. Or at least I think he does (same thing.) Observers will note his curled-lip smile both in the field and at bat. No matter Strikes, high and outside, low and inside, fast balls, foul tips, he just stands there smiling... smirking.

In fact, I don't have a favorite in tonight's game... or in the series, though Philadelphia is a fine city in a beautiful state and the Phillies have some great pitching.

I just want the Yankees to LOSE.

Call me irrational. Call me Ishmael. Call me a Yankee-hater.

Best wishes to the Philllies.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I hate the Yankees

I was raised a Red Sox fan, and agree completely re. the Yankees.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

3. Back To Top    #3

I still don't much care for them.

That is all.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __

4. Back To Top    #4

And the Yankees win Sorry guys, but was born in NY and will remain a Yankees Fan. That said I do not HATE any of the other teams, rather I enjoy the challenge. It's been 9 years since the last championship for NY, other teams had a chance but the strongest team won...period. Now we can argue payroll size, etc but the same occurs outside of sports such as in business and personal life. The biggest companies, sometimes lose to competition, but there is a reason they became so large, consistency and performance which drives excess $ to be re-invested in the business.

Just my thoughts...GLTA
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    Just my thoughts...GLTA
    NITWIT, IMBECIL, IDIOT!! (and that's just how I feel in the morning... )

Well, I think you appreciate that my post was pretty tongue-in-cheek. I've been through marriage counseling so I know how to be agreeable:

Yes, dear. The Yankees are the best team in baseball.

Here's an article from Slate magazine on the Yankees that will appeal to both haters and fans...
    http://www.slate.com/id/2234585/
    __

6. Back To Top    #6

A moment of gall for the Red Sox fans... Johnny Damon now has WS rings from both the Sox and the Yanks. Bleah.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

7. Back To Top    #7

Born, bred, and raised on YANKEE baseball and GIANTS football! Its in me. I hate the Red Sox and Cowboys.

What I find frustrating is Torre and Mattingly on the Dodgers.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    I hate the Red Sox
    Why deosn that suprise me

(Boston fan and central mass resident here)
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.