Tile border and water color

Dapdo

Bronze Supporter
Jul 15, 2018
Vineland, NJ
Sorry for the novice question but as I wait for my pool contract I've been looking at tiles online. We are designing a hamptons style pool. The plaster will be a gray quartz aggregate.
I know that the water color will largely be determined by the plaster but was wondering if the tile at the waterline affects the color as well.

I don't think it affects the water color, just the overall effect. Our pool is Hampton's until you get outside of the coping and it's all concrete instead of grass, along with having grey plaster which will be similar in appearance to your selection. It is a beautiful (in my eyes) steel blue water color. It is rectangular, and has bluestone coping. You can see pics our build thread in my signature. I am not a fan of our tile in hindsight. It blends in too much with the plaster, coping and concrete. I would have preferred something either more brown or more blue. Also, since the waterline tiles were used as step marking tiles, they are also not highly visible while swimming. From above they aren't too bad.

But trust me, even with not being in love with our tile, I love our pool.

I think that is a great looking tile for grey plaster and bluestone coping. When you say Hampton's, do you mean grass and bluestone coping?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.